Rat
Degs
Reid
Bracewell
Steven
Gray
Sharp
Sheeds
This all day, every day. Probably have something like Martyn, Watson, Baines, Arteta, Kanchelskis, James and Rooney on the bench.

It's feasible that some of those subs might be worth a first team spot but I wouldn't know who to take out.

Easy.

Southall
Steven's
Phsyco
Rat
Degs
Reid
Bracewell
Steven
Gray
Sharp
Sheeds
Quality - obviously. But I would have gone for Heath over Gray. It was only a bad injury to Heath that let Gray into the team in 84/85, and when he came back he forced his way into the team even though we had Lineker, and was again vital for goals and assists in both 85/86 and 86/87. Hugely underrated.

Quality - obviously. But I would have gone for Heath over Gray. It was only a bad injury to Heath that let Gray into the team in 84/85, and when he came back he forced his way into the team even though we had Lineker, and was again vital for goals and assists in both 85/86 and 86/87. Hugely underrated.
Good shout, I could live with that. As others have mentioned, you could try and shoehorn a Watson, Rooney etc in, but you wouldn't improve the 'team', that was rock solid.

True. I realised someone was missing as I typed my post.

Adrian Heath is massively underrated. He didn't even make that Everton all-time greats team line-up that this site was flogging recently. Baffled by that. He is omitted and the likes of Seamus and Arteta gets in. Nah, sorry, not having that. He was a far more significant player in our history. That cup semi goal versus Southampton or the Kevin Brock special alone makes him an icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.