Peak?

James.
Ginola.
Gazza.
Eto'o
Stuart Barlow.
Materazzi.
Fully fit uninjured big Dunc.
Or the realistic 85 team but you'd need Kendal Harvey Ball pulling the strings. In a 442 with ...I'd say Peter Reid.

Southall

Coleman Watson Jags Baines

Kanchelskis arteta speed James

Beardsley lukaku

Might need to put Joe Parkinson in there for better teams for a bit of balance, but otherwise a great team.

Southall

LB3
Ratcliffe
Watson
Stevens

Kanchelskis
Reid
Hamez
Sheedy

Sharp
Lukaku

Feel bad about leaving PVDH out.

Martyn
Coleman Jagielka Lescott Baines
Fellaini Arteta
James Cahill Pienaar
Lukaku

I feel quite bad leaving out Gravesen and Richarlison. But my love of Fellaini and Pienaar is too strong.
Going to be hard to beat that for me too. Add kanchelskis into it

Southall

Stevens
Stones
Ratcliffe
Digne

Kanchelskis
Barkley
Pienaar

James

Lukaku
Rooney

v Man Utd, August 1967:

West

Wright
Labone
Hurst
Wilson

Kendall
Ball
Harvey

Young
Royle
Morrissey

We won 3 - 1 against the team that would win the European Champions Cup a few months later.

In a make believe world, the only changes I'd make would be James for Young and Southall for West.

v Man Utd, August 1967:

West

Wright
Labone
Hurst
Wilson

Kendall
Ball
Harvey

Young
Royle
Morrissey

We won 3 - 1 against the team that would win the European Champions Cup a few months later.

In a make believe world, the only changes I'd make would be James for Young and Southall for West.
Yes for Southall, no for James, because James wouldn't do the tackling back that Young did...and he did a fair bit in that game helping out both Wright and Wilson.
Plus scored a goal James would be proud to score, all this at the arse end of his career.

Howard

Baines
Jagielka
Lescott
Coleman

James Rodriguez
Cahill
Arteta
Pienaar

Lukaku
Ferguson

Subs:
Rooney
Gravesen
Digne
Nigel Martyn
Fellaini
Eto'o

Disclaimer: born in 1994 and only remember seeing games from 2000 onwards

Adrian Heath is massively underrated. He didn't even make that Everton all-time greats team line-up that this site was flogging recently. Baffled by that. He is omitted and the likes of Seamus and Arteta gets in. Nah, sorry, not having that. He was a far more significant player in our history. That cup semi goal versus Southampton or the Kevin Brock special alone makes him an icon.
Especially when Sheedy rated in your as his best preferred forward to pass to,as he New were he was runnng off the ball without looking up ......this thread is it about our best 11 as a unit or over a period of time that we have seen as I seen players from 1963 onwards .......the best midfield has to be the holy trinity.....

Status
Not open for further replies.