Mr. Bill Kenrwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Dave is being quite conservative in his remarks TBH. There ids a good bit more that he could add but he has restrained himself. A small example "The club is for sale" but not possible the way the ownership is set up, what role does Green have, rmeber just keep watching this space.

Cheers Rob.

early reports suggest Blue Bill has been offered a sheikdom, complete with palace, gardens and fountains, its own hareem, a fleet of supercars, his own airline, a stake in the countries oil production and 90 billion in cash.

Evil Blue Billy wont sell he wants more.

[video=youtube;MSXOIf1YHmo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSXOIf1YHmo[/video]

Blue Billy earlier today

That's exactly it; no more, no less.

It horrifies me that you could even doubt I'm serious.

Yes but what is that? What is the best in your eyes?

You arent answering the question- Is Barcelona and the way they operate the best, Manchester United- what exactly do you want in terms of ownership, chairmanship and structure??

You arent answering the question- Is Barcelona and the way they operate the best, Manchester United- what exactly do you want in terms of ownership, chairmanship and structure??

That's the problem with these Kenwright haters, they can reel off double page lists of the absolute cock ups he's made, but have no suggestions of how to turn us into Barcelona or Utd.

Edit - it's clearly impossible to do turn us into Barcelona or Utd, it's a distraction from the cock ups Mr W Kenwright has delivered on a continuous rolling programme. If he hadn't and didn't continue to deliver these cock ups we'd be well set currently.

Last edited:
That's the problem with these Kenwright haters, they can reel off double page lists of the absolute cock ups he's made, but have no suggestions of how to turn us into Barcelona or Utd.

How about put the club up for sale, rather than say 'we're looking for investment'

head-in-sand.jpg

Well, I think you've answered your own question there. You can have a variety of different models to work from: a purely corporate one or one based on a large membership base (although I wouldn't put Barca up as an ideal in that respect - they rake in around €1 billion in tv money that they obliterate all but Real Madrid with). We have neither; we have a private limited company surviving on handouts from SKY and selling talent because the sleeping partners Kenwright has hitched his wagon to dont give a flying one beyond making a killing on the price they paid for their shares. The first thing in moving forward is to recognise the problem. That's the problem. Trouble is, many see it as not a problem but a virtue. A virtue that we're second rate and a million miles from recapturing our former glories.

It's ok though, we're all laughing at Portsmouth.

Weird one this, and I've backed Bill before and stand by him being a nice lid. However, it's ten years now and if the objective was stability then congratulations it's done. What is the problem now is us becoming stagnant as a football club. No matter how you look at it, Spurs and City have catapulted past us when we were in a position to really move forward. What was stopping us from moving forward? Money, investment, whatever you want to call it. Bill has promised some of this and our net spend of zero in the summer was testament to a club really not going anywhere.

This is now starting to filter down to Moyes, who has done a great job to raise the clubs standards up again (but still below where we should be) but without money that continual improvement has to hit its limits at some point. It might be now, who knows, at the end of the season we'll have a better idea, even if it is very tough to stomach some of the [Poor language removed] were enduring at the moment.

I can see why fans are getting fed up and worried over what we are. Maybe it isn't a good time to find the saviour of all saviours for investment and maybe were a bit scared of ending up with an utter ham faced beaut like Ashley who will give us flashbacks of the Johnson days. Ultimately were treading water and the cause of that is Kenwright owning the club.

There won't be any improvement while he remains, so you choose what you're happy with. Me? I'd like to see us win things at some point in my life again.

Weird one this, and I've backed Bill before and stand by him being a nice lid. However, it's ten years now and if the objective was stability then congratulations it's done. What is the problem now is us becoming stagnant as a football club. No matter how you look at it, Spurs and City have catapulted past us when we were in a position to really move forward. What was stopping us from moving forward? Money, investment, whatever you want to call it. Bill has promised some of this and our net spend of zero in the summer was testament to a club really not going anywhere.

This is now starting to filter down to Moyes, who has done a great job to raise the clubs standards up again (but still below where we should be) but without money that continual improvement has to hit its limits at some point. It might be now, who knows, at the end of the season we'll have a better idea, even if it is very tough to stomach some of the [Poor language removed] were enduring at the moment.

I can see why fans are getting fed up and worried over what we are. Maybe it isn't a good time to find the saviour of all saviours for investment and maybe were a bit scared of ending up with an utter ham faced beaut like Ashley who will give us flashbacks of the Johnson days. Ultimately were treading water and the cause of that is Kenwright owning the club.

There won't be any improvement while he remains, so you choose what you're happy with. Me? I'd like to see us win things at some point in my life again.

That's all well and good, but which saviour do you think should come to our rescue?

• Two failed stadium schemes
  • Doubled the debt (trebled it if you put the long term interest from the securitization deal into the pot)
  • Club asset stripped: training ground and youth academy sold to rent out Finch Farm
  • Subcontracting almost all services
  • Lowest spending on stadium improvements in the Premier League
  • Sell to buy policy now firmly in place
  • Zero trophies
  • Fortress Sports Fund fiasco

I cant wait for this year's Christmas message. "Davey's the best manager in the world, we have the best squad since the 80s, I'm selling razorblades and boxes of matches at St Johns precinct trying to raise more money for the manager, Dave Hickson, the Golden Vision, Uncle George and Grandad Albert are doing fine, blah blah blah..."
thanks Dave saved me the bother.spot on

Status
Not open for further replies.