Moyes as interim manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are not comparing like with like mate.
What Moyes produced was massively restricted by budget and talent available.
I am not suggesting that he will take over the world , but we will be massively better than we currently are.
Having said that , he will also need to demonstrate new approaches to new , younger players.
Moyes actually blew money whenever he had it really. Even Fellaini, who turned out to be a decent player for us, was a holding midfielder who couldn't play the position effectively so was moved upfront for an outlet.

Problem is though, Moyes' faults are endemic throughout his managerial career and is the antithesis of what is needed for this team. It's not me who isn't comparing like with like, it's the people who blather on with phrases like 'he gets the club' etc. Times have changed. Things didn't work when we reappointed our most successful ever manager (twice), so why would they work with this has-been?

I will continue cheering on our team and our players no matter who our manager is. After all I'm a blue. That's what we do. However, if Moyes is appointed I will be bitterly disappointed. His record since he was sacked by United (where he is regarded as an abysmal failure) is dreadful — 11 wins from 38 league games at Real Sociedad, six from 38 at Sunderland and just eight from 27 at West Ham. I also haven't forgotten the sly nature of his departure to United, nor have I forgotten his attempt to sign our then two best players on the cheap in 2013.

Moyes and Irvine were the best managerial pairing we have had in years and years, so it could galvanize the team to have them back in situ

source.gif

What does this mean?

Is Ice Cube the new manager? Can't be worse than the suggestions so far

Moyes actually blew money whenever he had it really. Even Fellaini, who turned out to be a decent player for us, was a holding midfielder who couldn't play the position effectively so was moved upfront for an outlet.

Problem is though, Moyes' faults are endemic throughout his managerial career and is the antithesis of what is needed for this team. It's not me who isn't comparing like with like, it's the people who blather on with phrases like 'he gets the club' etc. Times have changed. Things didn't work when we reappointed our most successful ever manager (twice), so why would they work with this has-been?
Agree with your point about Moyes but I think that's a bit of revisionism re: Fellaini. He was moved up front out of necessity because we spent about half a season without a recognised striker due to injury. His best performance for us (2-0 vs. City at Goodison) was as a DM. He played like Keane, Vieira and Zidane rolled into one that day.

Agree with your point about Moyes but I think that's a bit of revisionism re: Fellaini. He was moved up front out of necessity because we spent about half a season without a recognised striker due to injury. His best performance for us (2-0 vs. City at Goodison) was as a DM. He played like Keane, Vieira and Zidane rolled into one that day.
Revisionism? On here?!? lol

I will be utterly disheartened if we appoint ANY interim manager to be honest. I live in the vain hope that our senior management team realised some time ago that it wasn’t going to work and have been working night and day to identify a permanent replacement.

I don‘t get the mud-slinging at Moyes tenure here to be honest, under him we did play some superb football, we had (relative) success in making the Cl etc. And he did much to beheld in esteem about! However, we have all turned against Marco because of his rigidity to a favoured formation (Moyes did that); his insistence on picking his favourites such as Siggurdson even when they were playing poorly (Moyes did that); his insistence on playing lone strikers at Goodison, even against weaker teams (Moyes did that); playing players out of position, dithering over substitutions etc. Etc. Etc. Moyes did all of that, for years and years and NEVER changed!

I don’t want an interim manager, give me someone new, someone who has been researched, approached and who is waiting at his phone for the call! In other words I want to see that our lot understand the term succession planning!

Status
Not open for further replies.