Moyes as interim manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes does not warrant a £6m per year deal, he’s been utter cack since he left us. Give him £2m max for rest of the season, also because he owes us for the way he left. And that’s with a very big IF we appoint him.
If he wants a chance to make ammends and prove himself I doubt money will matter. And if it does he's the wrong man.

source.gif

I don't think Moyes should be any where near managing Everton now, apart from in my opinion being a really bad idea from a football point of view, also, purely as observation, there were times he looked about 100 years old, not well at all. Give it up Davey for all our sakes!

Why Sam over Moyes mate?

The issue with Sam would be he'd want longer than 18 months now too. I also think it's pretty toxic from game 1 with him.

Sam is more likely do do the job he would be asked to do than Moyes. Unpopular,admittedly, but does the job. As you know I've never been a fan of Moyes, but whatever he had, he won't have any more.

Give the job to Arteta & Cahill, yes its a gamble but so was Silva, Martinez, Koeman, and all the others before him. Surely he can't be any worse than that lot, get him before Arsenal do.

We're in a shambles and we're not in a position to attract a proven top-level manager regardless of the money we throw at them. If we were doing half decent maybe we would. At this stage we can attract a manager with nothing to lose, a mid-level manager or an unproven manager with high potential. It's a gamble any way you look at it. If Moyes were to return I would prefer to see it in tandem with Arteta - one to bring experience and one to bring new ideas and something to work on for the future. I'd give it to Arteta with Moyes as Assistant Manager, or even the other way round with Moyes on a temporary till the end of the season with a promise of Arteta taking over next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.