More than 29,300 season tickets renewed

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is here stub hub is going to be busy

I was told the other day, and I believe it to be true, that there's been a noticeable increase in Stubhub transactions over the last few months, and the average price has fallen ( cause and effect basically ), so the club will be aware that there's a small minority of STHs ( maybe 2 or 3% ? ) who are choosing not to go the game on a regular basis. They'll also be aware of the drop-off in interest in away games ( eg Swansea going to general sale, and, much less so, because the Stoke allocation is a large one, Stoke ).

They're not the sort of things which will be a primary reason for replacing the manager, but it'll be at the back of their minds

The worrying thing is, how the club view this mate.

See above mate, they know the vast majority of fans will turn up and, at the moment, do no more than grumble, but they also know that things can change from grumbling to something louder via quickly.

Also, there's apparently something like 10,000 people on the waiting list, so they know they have us over a barrel, but they'll want to convert as many of them as possible to STH when ( if ) we move to the docks, and having a successful team is the best way of doing that.

It's called loyalty. I wonder how many EFC fans would have turned up at Old Trafford and chanted their support all through the game if it was us in WBA position? Maybe the departure of Pardew had a little to do with it? Its called loyalty no matter what happens on the pitch. Wonderful support.

We know that if we don’t renew we’re not getting in unless we want to sit behind a pillar, we also know that once our seats have been given up we’ll struggle to get some fresh ones in the future due to the increased demand in recent years.

So despite an utterly crap season most have renewed largely for those reasons imho.

We know that if we don’t renew we’re not getting in unless we want to sit behind a pillar, we also know that once our seats have been given up we’ll struggle to get some fresh ones in the future due to the increased demand in recent years.

So despite an utterly crap season most have renewed largely for those reasons imho.
Exceptionally good response that encapsulates 100% my reason for renewing.

The massive eye opener for me was trying to get hold of a new 18/19 season ticket.

I did the whole registration form for 18/19 - the callback fill out etc - and ended up having to call them up myself as I'd had two missed calls from an unknown number with no voicemail. Took me 45 minutes on hold to get through, only to be told the person that manages the callbacks list was on her lunch.

I called again about 3 hours later - again with an absolute age on hold. Got through to someone else, then they accidentally put the phone down on me (I think :D).

So I had to end up getting the Social media team involved - just to get hold of a specific seat in TB1, and they sorted it.

Wasn't the easiest way to allow me to spend £525.

I was told the other day, and I believe it to be true, that there's been a noticeable increase in Stubhub transactions over the last few months, and the average price has fallen ( cause and effect basically ), so the club will be aware that there's a small minority of STHs ( maybe 2 or 3% ? ) who are choosing not to go the game on a regular basis. They'll also be aware of the drop-off in interest in away games ( eg Swansea going to general sale, and, much less so, because the Stoke allocation is a large one, Stoke ).

They're not the sort of things which will be a primary reason for replacing the manager, but it'll be at the back of their minds

See above mate, they know the vast majority of fans will turn up and, at the moment, do no more than grumble, but they also know that things can change from grumbling to something louder via quickly.

Also, there's apparently something like 10,000 people on the waiting list, so they know they have us over a barrel, but they'll want to convert as many of them as possible to STH when ( if ) we move to the docks, and having a successful team is the best way of doing that.
I presume most fans hearts haven't been in it this season since RK went, all hope went 6 or 7 weeks into the season, less for some, the appointment of Sam didn't do much to help the situation and the crap that has followed only made it worse.
I think that people have chosen the easy option about not making the effort to attend and will be interesting to now how many tickets have gone on stub hub for the bar codes since t got switched

A mate got a call this morning offering him a ticket, so for anyone on the list, you might get a call this week.
What can we actually sell taking into account the capacity seems to drop a little each year with the minor changes and adding in the away allocation ?. I thought we had around 10% restricted and had to hold tickets back for general/card holding supporters.

What can we actually sell taking into account the capacity seems to drop a little each year with the minor changes and adding in the away allocation ?. I thought we had around 10% restricted and had to hold tickets back for general/card holding supporters.

If the ground holds 38,500 (which i think is accurate ish now). Take away the away allocation of 2,900 leaves you with 35,600. On that basis of 10% we'd be allowed to sell 32,040. However, I do think we "Sell Out" at 31,000. That leaves roughly 4000 ish tickets per game. That's excluding hospitality, which i don't think is factored into the count.

As for obstructed views, there's now rule in place saying that they have to leave a percentage of seats for sale to public as "Unobstructed", hence why i think thee are so many season ticket holders.

TBH, I could walk away from football. The money they earn went beyond obscene at least 20 years ago & gets more obscene every year. Players who would die for the shirt are none existent these days. We renewed though. We always do.

I will be very surprised & disappointed if Sam & Walsh are here beyond this season though.

Nearly but not quite.......

Status
Not open for further replies.