2017/18 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.

A centre back being played out of position. Quote me on this, this kid will be a decent central defender, we have a right full back, or right wing back, in Johnjo Kenny. Give him a chance, do you really think he will be any more inept as a defender than Cuco?

yes but too skinny and poor in the air to actually play there in the premier league, certainly in a 2 anyway.

Well he's definitely not a right back. Defensively he's alright but just very little ability on the ball.

Centre half is probably the hardest position to play as a youngster. If he's going to do that on a regular basis it's going to have to be away from our club - at least for the time being.

I'm seeing increasing murmurings of people wanting Holgate played next to Keane in the middle, all of you saying this need to go watch Holgate's failure to defend corners for England U20s. He's nowhere near good enough in the air to play center back right now.

I like him hopefully he will make a decent Centre Half , to play him at left back tonight against Sunderland was asking something , he did his best and Koeman got away with it.
Can't believe we only have one left footed player in the first team squad .

I like the kid but starting to think he may not be the long term solution for us. He doesn't seem to particularly excel in any position across the back line.

Status
Not open for further replies.