2017/18 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.

ste d' indica

Idleness is fatal only to the mediocre
Mason Holgate - 2017/18 Player Performance Thread
Thread Sponsor: ste d' indica

Please use this thread for all discussion relating to Mason Holgate's 2017/18 match performances.​

Feel free to start new threads regarding any new topics of discussion relating to this player - new contracts, player quotes, transfer news etc.

Forum MOTM Awards:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ace. Always wanted to be a master of my own Masonic lodge.

image.jpg

Now that we have Keane as one of the centre backs I think this lad would be worth a go alongside him. I understand it was a risk playing him in as CB in a 4 alongside the 3 centre backs we had last season but surely it's got to br worth a try. Koeman is obviously uncomfortable with Jagielka and Williams in a 4. He may not be quite filled out enough but I'm sure his pace would get him out of trouble.

Now that we have Keane as one of the centre backs I think this lad would be worth a go alongside him. I understand it was a risk playing him in as CB in a 4 alongside the 3 centre backs we had last season but surely it's got to br worth a try. Koeman is obviously uncomfortable with Jagielka and Williams in a 4. He may not be quite filled out enough but I'm sure his pace would get him out of trouble.
We need to be defensively strong for the next 4 games. I think the last 3 games have shown that we don't have the personnel at FBs to play 3 at the back effectively, especially with Seamus injured. Kenny doesn't appear to be in Koeman's short term plans and the idea of Cuco starting against any of the top teams terrifies me. I would go with Holgate at RB for the coming games. He doesn't give us enough going forward, but I think sorting out the defensive side is more important for now. In fairness, he's never let us down defensively whenever he's played that position.

I've got a feeling Ronnie will go with Cuco though. Still, rather that than upset the balance with a back 3 again.

That offensive work seems to be working out! He looks a bit braver going forward. He's always been decent with the ball at his feet. Needs to work on his crossing in the near future, but he has been excellent

Status
Not open for further replies.