2017/18 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
...he was terrific last night. Perhaps we underrate our own players, let's not forget he didn't give the very highly rated Sane a sniff and he ended up being substituted.

I do think the error underlines that he's not a conventional CB. Shame that was a blemish on an outstanding display, let's not forget he played a pivotal part in our goal and looked classy up against Sane.

Would rather he play than Martina

Just let him be an actual defender

I'm sick of right backs having to be bastardised wingers. Wingers already exist. Let them do the attacking

...wingers are not conventional in our team. RK appears to prefer them playing inside, which only leaves our full backs to get around the back.

Ideal role for him is wide right in a back 3. His ability to cover in space was evident last night, and when Coleman comes back in he's going to spend a lot of time in the opponents half.

Ideally I'd love to see:

New left footed defender - Keane - Holgate

in a back 3, most likely next year, but even this year. Jags has surprised me with his renaissance but I'm not holding my breath we can be world beaters with Jags playing out left in a back 3.

Truth is Man City could use someone like him. They are SLOW at the back and his ability to move and play with the ball at his feet is perfect for what Pep is trying to do.

*Cue 50 million pound bid for Holgate from Man City.

It's almost as though Koeman hasn't seen both Holgate and Kenny in training and decided that Holgate is the more advanced of the two,

Thank god we have the internet to put things right.
You need to take things simpler and learn to read as it seems the internet is too complicated for you. I'll explain in simple words for you. Read my comment again and you will see that the comparison was between Kenny and Martina . Martina played right back last Thursday . Still with me? I'm my view Kenny would have made the better attacking full back in a home game than Martina did. If you look at the letters carefully , Martina is spelt differently from Holgate which is spelt differently from Kenny. If you read posts slowly a few times you'll get there.

You need to take things simpler and learn to read as it seems the internet is too complicated for you. I'll explain in simple words for you. Read my comment again and you will see that the comparison was between Kenny and Martina . Martina played right back last Thursday . Still with me? I'm my view Kenny would have made the better attacking full back in a home game than Martina did. If you look at the letters carefully , Martina is spelt differently from Holgate which is spelt differently from Kenny. If you read posts slowly a few times you'll get there.

I've no time for that, I just launch full on into GOT lunacy to fit in.

He is like the opposite of Martina. Ok at defending but absolutely rubbish when going forward. Should let Kenny has his chance now.

Status
Not open for further replies.