2017/18 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just needs learn to stay on his feet and everything else will fall into place okay performance today will only get better with experience i don't wanna see the lad play right back again any time soon

He will only get better in time...not quite there just yet but has age on his side. Would rather see him at RB still at the moment rather than CB in a back 4 but rate Kenny better at RB

I'd be more worried if he's still positionally weak in a season or two's time. That comes with experience.

I recall reading a great interview with Gary Cahill who was reflecting on his early days at Villa. Freely admitted to getting the run around by some average but experienced forwards. He came through alright! It's if he goes all Titus Bramble I'd worry...

He made 2/3 wrong decisions via committing to the tackle and fell over, one of which led to their goal. Other than that I think he's alright. Much better than I expect.

Was caught out of position quite a few times early on and didn't look very comfortable. Against a better team he would have been punished more.
Doesn't make him a bad player and I am sure he will learn from the experience. I wouldn't worry if he played cb against Burnley, those are the types of games he needs exposure to in order to make him a better player

Mason is just 20 years old. And he's playing in a side with no consistency, both in terms of the line-up and in terms of results.

If we write him off and abuse him etc like we did with Stones, he will be gone within a year.

Give him a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.