Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't he a right-back?

Yes. He has played at CB a little at youth level, but I don't think he's got the build.

Not quite the same as Stones, who everyone thought was a CB just gaining experience.

He's not as good as Stones at the same age (few are). But he has got potential.

From what I've seen he'll be a fullback, for the next few years at least. I don't expect to see him near the first team before next preseason (at the earliest). Not yet ready for PL.

Certainly leaves us flush with centre backs, just very very little experience. Even Stones is at an age where he will probably have dips of 6 games on the spin where he may need to be taken out.

A lot of pressure on Jagielka to guide these players through games if we don't get another cb in.

Not knocking the signing btw, I'm all for trying to find a gem from lower down. Just with it being a key position ( well I suppose they are all key ) it's good to have experience at the back.

Edit @Blake has confirmed he's more of a right back than a centre back, so my post above is a load of nonsense now and irrelevant

So we are signing a 198 year old with just 22 appearances to his name

FFS DE EV
image.jpg

Have 0 problems for a 'for the future' purchase especially when they look quality. What we really should have done is what Chelsea did about 4-5 years ago, buu tons of quality. Instead of selling them off now they'd be settled and all set..

Status
Not open for further replies.