Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the lads off here put this up in the transfer thread, it was taken from a Barnsley forum.

"Holgate is no Stones IMO, he's been reading his own press & is after a move for personal gain rather than football development.

He had a decent season for a first one, but did peter off towards the end, possibly due to too many games, or complacency?

In the preseason games has not done anything special, ok, but that's all.

He's young & raw, to answer your question if he is ready or not, i'd personally say no, he needs bringing on & developing, Stones on the other hand, well, lots of fans at this club were saying that he would play for England, it was plain for all to see (apart from our board who sold him on the cheap!)

If being at a bigger club like Everton (who i think do a good job of nurturing young talent & looking after them) where he won't get to play every week, is better than being here, surroundings where he is familiar & settled, where he will play week in & week out is beneficial, is open to opinion.

He will do a good job for us if he stays, but i think the top flight is too much of a step up at this moment in time, but to be honest mate, if he starts with the 'billy big balls' down here, the Barnsley fans will soon let him know what they think of that!

With regards to Stones, he grew up here & we love him.

Must admit though we want the sale to go thru, the more money the better, so we get our sell on percentage, not sure what that is though, it's surrounded in secrecy.

Best o luck this season."

Youth setup signings tend to be unsuccessful more than successful. For every Stones there are 10 George Greens. Lets not build up the expectation where every adolescent is expected to break into the England squad within 18 months.

Youth setup signings tend to be unsuccessful more than successful. For every Stones there are 10 George Greens. Lets not build up the expectation where every adolescent is expected to break into the England squad within 18 months.

Jeez let us have at least 30seconds of wet dreams about the future

Think this will be a little like the Galloway deal last year - evidently Martinez wants to bring in and develop defenders in a very specific way. I wonder if he'll stay with the u21s or go out on loan? Actually, a loan back to Barnsley might not be a bad move.

We're ruining the game spending all this money...

Would be nice if he turns out to be half the player Stones has.

Status
Not open for further replies.