Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
..the lads is a smashing player. I know lots on here think his best position is CB but I wonder if he'll get physically bullied in a flat back four, particularly in the air. Saying that, Kevin Ratcliffe coped but he was built like a middleweight boxer. Anyway, he definitely has to work on his crossing, he gets in great positions.

I would like to see him played as a centre back in a 3. Maybe a loan to the championship would do him good but only if he was playing regularly and at centre back. Maybe insert a clause od he's not getting regular game time we can recall in the window to avoid a Galloway situation being repeated.

I would like to see him played as a centre back in a 3. Maybe a loan to the championship would do him good but only if he was playing regularly and at centre back. Maybe insert a clause od he's not getting regular game time we can recall in the window to avoid a Galloway situation being repeated.
Don't see why we can't just give him a go in the first team. He's a good player and did well already at pl level. A championship loan would stagnate him imo

Don't see why we can't just give him a go in the first team. He's a good player and did well already at pl level. A championship loan would stagnate him imo

I agree. I think he's shown enough to stay on our first team squad. Was regularly impressed with him last season.

Defensively, he looked calm and experienced (for this level) and he played with some nice touches in attack as well as making some decent runs which were mostly ignored by the midfield. If he could just add confidence and crossing going forward...

Defensively, he looked calm and experienced (for this level) and he played with some nice touches in attack as well as making some decent runs which were mostly ignored by the midfield. If he could just add confidence and crossing going forward...

Don't blame people ignoring his runs when his crossing is that bad.

I agree. I think he's shown enough to stay on our first team squad. Was regularly impressed with him last season.
Deffo. Should be able to offer him 20 starts as a CB next season IMO. He won't learn to deal with the more physical side of the game unless he's given the chance.

Reactions: gmb

Status
Not open for further replies.