Homepage Update: Martinez on “the new era” for transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is on Rooney he would bring a winning mentality, experience and massive feel good factor around the club + of course improve our Global branding.

BUT

He'd be good for 2 years i think and im not sure where he would be first choice?

Also if we are "serious" about building something and also want to become a "Global brand" then shouldnt we be looking for "The new Rooney,Ronaldo,Messi" poster boy rather than the one heading downhill?

We have already a variety of different types of "poster boys"

Stones
Mori
Besic
Barkley
Deulofeu
Lukaku

With 3+ new top notch additions to elevate us into the top 4 realm they will get more exposure and so will the club. We would be known as a young entertaining team which will give us more fans globally.

Add in a couple more potential superstars and for me thats a better move than signing Rooney.

We're being linked with young defenders from Bolton and Blackpool.....so I'd not be getting too excited about Hart, Neymar and Pele just yet.

I have realized that football as a 'sport' is no more and is more to do with business and financial acumen. However I hope that the Everton motto Nil Satis Nissi Optimum means that because we have financial backing now , we are not going to buy a league title. We are the school of science, not a bank.
I want us to win because we are the best, not because we can buy the best.

It's the same. Like all walks of life, you get what you pay for. Leicester being the freak exception. They will not win the league again next season without serious investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.