Homepage Update: Martinez on “the new era” for transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have realized that football as a 'sport' is no more and is more to do with business and financial acumen. However I hope that the Everton motto Nil Satis Nissi Optimum means that because we have financial backing now , we are not going to buy a league title. We are the school of science, not a bank.
I want us to win because we are the best, not because we can buy the best.
Two of our former nicknames were 'The Bank of England' and 'The Mersey Millionaires'...

I would love to keep giving young kids the opportunity at Everton. It's what makes us great.
But, nothing would please me more than coming out in the Summer and making a big statement of intent.
How would we all feel to hear we have made a £50m to Real bid for James for example ?

Imagine if MOyes was given this money to spend. We'd all be fretting. For how good Moyes was at churning out results steadily, some of his bigger money buys were very, very questionable... Seems to be quite the opposite for Martinez.

Alot of trust in Martinez to sign quality, his cheaper ones are the ones that are the questionable's (Kone, Cleverly, Robles).

The marketing side I get.

The football side I dont. Well, not as obviously. It would, for me, hinge on his attitude. Retirement home, or a chance to help Everton regain our stature in this new world. I would like to think the latter, but I would not want to pay him the sort of cash he is on, nor could get in the MLS or China.
Never mind Rooney, @roydo give us some news about Yarmolenko! I know you've got it!

Imagine if MOyes was given this money to spend. We'd all be fretting. For how good Moyes was at churning out results steadily, some of his bigger money buys were very, very questionable... Seems to be quite the opposite for Martinez.

Alot of trust in Martinez to sign quality, his cheaper ones are the ones that are the questionable's (Kone, Cleverly, Robles).
Moyes didn't have any big money signings. The closest to what you're talking about was Bily, who cost 0.71 shane longs.

"Clearly, the new era means we will have to extend the amount of players we can fit in our project. It hasn’t changed but what it has done is expanded the area we can look into.”
aguero.jpg

Ooh a flimsy pretext for a kopite antagonising Simpsons gif.
Seriously though we now have the money club premium attached to any transfer dealings.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.