Homepage Update: Martinez on “the new era” for transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll have to get another keeper in the summer no matter what and we should be aiming for a top one, then Joel can compete with him. No need to go for a dodgy back up keeper.
Joel will always be a number 2 and in a weird way I think he's happy with this. He doesn't come across as the brightest.

Moyes didn't have any big money signings. The closest to what you're talking about was Bily, who cost 0.71 shane longs.

Remember 'Big Money' is relative. Beattie was big money, not a great signing, Fellaini was £16m mate, probably the only major success story of major money off the top of my head. Yakubu could possibly be considered as one, but considering we sold him for £1m after spending £11m on him...You can say Injury had finished him, but 16 goals in his season for an awful blackburn team proves otherwise.

Moyes couldn't be truly trusted with a whole lot of money on one player. He was however good at finding players who were 'out of funk' and he could straighten them out. Arteta was the perfect example.

I like what he is saying and it makes perfect sense. Rather than throw out the window all of the previous very strong scouting work (a strength of the club) in favour of pursuing higher profile signings, we are going to go after similar players but hopefully have more success in getting them over the line.

That alongside keeping more of our top players will see us being a serious contender. Right from the Moyes days we have always been just a bit short of being a top side. Keeping players at key moments, and adding a couple we missed out on at important moments. Hopefully this will rectify that.

I like what he is saying and it makes perfect sense. Rather than throw out the window all of the previous very strong scouting work (a strength of the club) in favour of pursuing higher profile signings, we are going to go after similar players but hopefully have more success in getting them over the line.

That alongside keeping more of our top players will see us being a serious contender. Right from the Moyes days we have always been just a bit short of being a top side. Keeping players at key moments, and adding a couple we missed out on at important moments. Hopefully this will rectify that.
To an extent I agree. But disagree in that to reach the lofted goals Mr Moshiri clearly has, you aren't going to achieve them with adding more "above average" type players.
One or two "top" players every Summer is what we need to add to a talented young list.
I'd rather go out and bid 40-50m for a James type at Real than go for 2 Shaqiri types. Leave them to the Stokes of the world.
Top quality needed, not more of the same. That's what having money to spend is all about.

I like the sound of these new options ( although probably being completely jarg) being linked with us now. http://www.[Publication is blacklis...eplace-joe-hart-then-everton-should-swoop-fo/

I like the sound of these new options ( although probably being completely jarg) being linked with us now. http://www.[Publication is blacklis...eplace-joe-hart-then-everton-should-swoop-fo/

If he became available i'd like to think we would be in for him. Massive statement of intent there.

I cant see Neuer leaving Bayern though. Sad thing is that Moyes was offered Hart when he was at Shrewsbury but didnt do the deal for £250k upfront.

Similar i suppose to when he didnt move on Butland. The last day of thst transfer window we were the ones all over the media as about to sign him and i was ecstatic. Then suddenly its confirmed hes signed for Stoke...

Thanks Moyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.