• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
results how.
silva managed 15 wins in 38, allaradyce would of managed the same if he had a full season.
too late for europe, the majority of people here agreed to 7th being a reasonable position to finish given the players bought in in the summer as a minimum.
cup run, possible break up of the top 6 would of been a bonus,
The hope is that Silva/Brands are building something for the future. The ambition is greater than building a club that can someday challenge for the top six.
There is no doubt that Sam Allyrdyce might have matched the results and placing of this season but would he have signed young players like Digne, Richarlison,Bernard or brought in Zouma or Gomes ?
Based on the money Sam spent on Walcott and Tosun you would think not.

Under Sam would we have destroyed Utd as well as beating Chelsea and Arsenal ?... I don't think so.

Of course the jury is still out on Silva , maybe even on Brands as well. That is why this summer is so important. We will see a further instalment of their vision for the future through the transfer window and that is while remembering there is an albatross around both of their necks in the form of players we don't want and neither does anybody else.

What do you think is the reason for the improvement is?
I don’t know, that is why I am not a football manager!

However, the team hasn’t changed except Schneiderlin and he hasn’t changed it.

I believe it’s a confidence thing, when we are at it I think we are as good as anyone, quick passing and none of this slow across the back four bollox.

Throughout the season when we play high tempo we do well, when we slow it down we become predicable, it cannot be Silva who says low it down and then says speed it up, that would make no sense, therefore not his management skill that has improved the team otherwise it would also be his fault when we play slowly and are less successful.

I think that it’s all down to self belief, when we have nothing to play for the players cannot be arsed, we are now at the flat end of the season, we are playing for contracts moves etc.

Money spoils the modern game as the players are so well paid and have contracts and so if they cannot be arsed they don’t care. If their contract was performance linked maybe we would see better games, not just from us but all teamed?

I still can't believe that the fat disgusting mess of a Neanderthal was allowed anywhere other than the visitors dugout at Goodison. A stain on our history, I do wish people would stop referring to his tenure here, it's best forgotten.
Yep, well said. And we had Sammy Lee pretending to be a blue.....

When it was bad it was terrible but when it was good it was boss

Happy to see more progress next year, get further in the cups with hopefully a few more additions and Zouma permanent

If he doesn’t take the cups serious next season I want his head on a stick
There isn't a single Premier League team that doesn't rotate for the League Cup before the quarterfinals and we will not be breaking the trend. The fact of the matter is the people inside the clubs have decided the League Cup isn't prestigious enough to risk league games for. This honestly applies to clubs below the Prem too.

As for the FA Cup it isn't like we didn't try this year. We played close to our best side at Millwall but we just stunk the place out. I imagine with no Europe we will do the same this season.

It doesn't matter who we have as manager. With the current administration we will always just be varying degrees of crap flouting around mid table. The better managers make us "Best of the rest" and the crap ones still keep us safe from relegation with a lower half finish. Moyes, Martinez, Koeman, Rhino, BFS and now Silva. If that's the clibare of manager that is considered good enough for Everton Football Club in 2019 well it's no wonder we're so crap. Next year will no doubt be somewhat of an improvement while being basically the same as ever, slightly up the table to 7th while bottling both the cups. Nothing will ever change at this club regardless of who the manager is while certain people continue to hang around the club like a bad smell, dragging us down with their lack of ambition and willingness to accept failure. Ultimately Silva is just the latest in a long line of scapegoats. I'll never call for him to be sacked now. What's the point? They'd only appoint somebody even worse to take over.....

I actually worry that our supporters are going to now have completely unrealistic expectations for next season, based entirely on the RS success. I hope people have a bit of sense and keep patient. We aren't going to catch up with them overnight. And they don't define us. It's up to the manager to simply make sure there is a marked improvement on the season before.

I actually worry that our supporters are going to now have completely unrealistic expectations for next season, based entirely on the RS success. I hope people have a bit of sense and keep patient. We aren't going to catch up with them overnight. And they don't define us. It's up to the manager to simply make sure there is a marked improvement on the season before.
I wouldn't worry to much about that mate. I think Silva has built up enough good will in that couple of mouths to ensure that our match going fanbase give him next season without any mad moaning. Online it'll be a different matter, I fully expect the knives to be out stright away after the first bad result. It won't make any difference anyway, nobody at the club pays the slightest bit of attention to what our fans want much less the online ones.

I wouldn't worry to much about that mate. I think Silva has built up enough good will in that couple of mouths to ensure that our match going fanbase give him next season without any mad moaning. Online it'll be a different matter, I fully expect the knives to be out stright away after the first bad result. It won't make any difference anyway, nobody at the club pays the slightest bit of attention to what our fans want much less the online ones.

Oh they do pay attention though. They choose when to sack based on the mood of supporters. They sacked Martinez with one game left simply to avoid the wrath of Goodison. 90% of teams just quietly part company after the final game.

Oh they do pay attention though. They choose when to sack based on the mood of supporters. They sacked Martinez with one game left simply to avoid the wrath of Goodison. 90% of teams just quietly part company after the final game.
If Martinez had been sacked based on the mood of the supporters, he'd of gone mouths earlier. When club had made the decision to let him go prior to that final game it was putting Martinez out of his misery. If they sacked managers based on the mood of the crowd, Silva would of gone mouths ago. Thankfully they didn't because they don't.

If the club made decisions based on the fans, they'd never of appointed Koeman or BFS.

If Martinez had been sacked based on the mood of the supporters, he'd of gone mouths earlier. When club had made the decision to let him go prior to that final game it was putting Martinez out of his misery. If they sacked managers based on the mood of the crowd, Silva would of gone mouths ago. Thankfully they didn't because they don't.

If the club made decisions based on the fans, they'd never of appointed Koeman or BFS.
I was quite chuffed to get Koeman tbh

I don’t know, that is why I am not a football manager!

However, the team hasn’t changed except Schneiderlin and he hasn’t changed it.

I believe it’s a confidence thing, when we are at it I think we are as good as anyone, quick passing and none of this slow across the back four bollox.

Throughout the season when we play high tempo we do well, when we slow it down we become predicable, it cannot be Silva who says low it down and then says speed it up, that would make no sense, therefore not his management skill that has improved the team otherwise it would also be his fault when we play slowly and are less successful.

I think that it’s all down to self belief, when we have nothing to play for the players cannot be arsed, we are now at the flat end of the season, we are playing for contracts moves etc.

Money spoils the modern game as the players are so well paid and have contracts and so if they cannot be arsed they don’t care. If their contract was performance linked maybe we would see better games, not just from us but all teamed?
Some of it was down to players such as Gomes not having enough in the tank, partly due to no pre season and injury. I think siggy and Richarlison looked leggy in the winter period but they had been putting some real shifts in early season. I think with a proper pre season and a bit of rotation we will cope much better mid season this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.