• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
....couple of minor points from last night. It was good to see a bit of innovation from the corner that set up the Sigurdsson volley. Set pieces need to be exploited and that was a good sign.

In his interview, Coleman said Silva didn’t encourage his full backs to hit the box when the ball is on the other flank (but did like his wingers doing it). It was a concern of mine under Martinez that our full backs were given too much freedom. Even when we were ahead in games (Chelsea away), they would often be our furthest player forward. One long ball and the CBs are totally exposed.

Happy to hear Silva is aware of leaving the defensive door open when we are attacking.

C- for performance this season - appalling cup performance and almost certainly won't finish where we should have (7th). But we were never going to be great this season, meaning winning anything/breaking the top 6 was never on, so this isn't an important mark.

A for promise for next season - has worked hard to turn our defence into one of the best in the league in recent weeks, has got the players believing in his methods, has turned us into one of the best pressing sides in the league and has shifted players about to put together an attacking unit that is exciting and full of goals. It's a decent striker away from being top 6 level, for me.

He could have a serious tenure here and maybe even get one of Europe's top jobs in future if he doesn't get complacent when it comes to defending and let that slip over the summer and beyond. If we're trying to break the top 6, we have to see that our defence only needs to be kept together and standards maintained to be top 6 level. At this point, if we add a proper striker, we're very close in my opinion.

Interesting that the great Manuel Pellegrini who won some trophies after his 60th birthday, has finished below us with two games to spare. Oh hang on, Wilshere and some other crap subs have been injured so it doesn’t count.

....couple of minor points from last night. It was good to see a bit of innovation from the corner that set up the Sigurdsson volley. Set pieces need to be exploited and that was a good sign.

In his interview, Coleman said Silva didn’t encourage his full backs to hit the box when the ball is on the other flank (but did like his wingers doing it). It was a concern of mine under Martinez that our full backs were given too much freedom. Even when we were ahead in games (Chelsea away), they would often be our furthest player forward. One long ball and the CBs are totally exposed.
Happy to hear Silva is aware of leaving the defensive door open when we are attacking.

There was a terrible one 2nd half which ended with Bernard falling over and the ball going out for a goal kick. But yeah, innovation from set pieces is very welcome.

Gave a D because he never looked like he knew what he was doing earlier in the season and am not convinced his management has given us the good recent results. This coupled with the failure to beat the lower teams and yet do well against the top teams is baffling.

However, if we where to get a result next weekend he would get a B because he would have got points from all top six!

Gave a D because he never looked like he knew what he was doing earlier in the season and am not convinced his management has given us the good recent results. This coupled with the failure to beat the lower teams and yet do well against the top teams is baffling.

However, if we where to get a result next weekend he would get a B because he would have got points from all top six!
What do you think is the reason for the improvement is?

Have to say I wavered mid season and didn't think he was up to the task but a more settled team and improved results have brought me round again. I think there does seem to be long term strategy in place given Mr. Brands has already confirmed we have identified transfer targets so hopefully we are now on a genuine upward curve. Given we have had no stability since DM I for one am optimistic about 2019/20 season. COYB.

Interesting that the great Manuel Pellegrini who won some trophies after his 60th birthday, has finished below us with two games to spare. Oh hang on, Wilshere and some other crap subs have been injured so it doesn’t count.
Wut?

I said interesting that the great Manuel Pellegrini who won some trophies after his 60th birthday, has finished below us with two games to spare. Oh hang on, Wilshere and some other crap subs have been injured so it doesn’t count.
Nah but I meant WHY have you said that mate?!

Although you just repeating it has me howling in the barber's so that's something good.

Status
Not open for further replies.