• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s all good and well beating the top teams but it counts for nothing if we don’t beat Burnley at h........ oh

Zonal marking is awf....... actually, he’s sorted that out as well hasn’t he? fk!

I’d give him a B- if I could. Realistically he was never going to crack the top 6 in his first season, but that would have been an A.

It’s all good and well beating the top teams but it counts for nothing if we don’t beat Burnley at h........ oh

Zonal marking is awf....... actually, he’s sorted that out as well hasn’t he? fk!

I’d give him a B- if I could. Realistically he was never going to crack the top 6 in his first season, but that would have been an A.
A B- how quickly some forget the utter dross served up from December to March, the rating is for the season not just the last few home games, it's not that long ago that we were utterly dismantled by Fulham, the collapse against Newcastle have people forgotten about that garbage already? If we are going to grade him on the season how can people give him a B? Dumped out of both cups early, embarrassing performances over a 3 month period, plenty of people were calling for him to be sacked it was that bad, and now people are saying he's come out with a B.. What a time to be alive.. C- at best.

B - We were an absolute basket case when he turned up. I honestly thought we were heading the way of Newcastle. Just sacking managers constantly.
He's managed to give us an identity in the way we play, he's also improved some of our out of favour players.
Although we had a bit of a nightmare run after the derby, he's shown he can turn things around. The previous 2 managers (ignore alardyce) didn't really have that. I always thought it was one of Moyes' biggest strengths, never felt like we were heading for trouble under Moyes. Silva had his bad patch, and finished the season strongly.

A B- how quickly some forget the utter dross served up from December to March, the rating is for the season not just the last few home games, it's not that long ago that we were utterly dismantled by Fulham, the collapse against Newcastle have people forgotten about that garbage already? If we are going to grade him on the season how can people give him a B? Dumped out of both cups early, embarrassing performances over a 3 month period, plenty of people were calling for him to be sacked it was that bad, and now people are saying he's come out with a B.. What a time to be alive.. C- at best.
Calm down a bit mate. No need to get so upset over an opinion.

Maybe some people are looking at things in context given the state of things last season, how difficult it is to impart a new system following 3 manager changes in 12 months and the obvious improvement over the last quarter of the season.

Next season the expectations are higher and the improvement needs to continue. Consistency needs to improve and we need to improve squad depth for that so it’s down to brands too.

I agree that we were dire over the period in question and the cups were really disappointing but I just don’t see this as the same side. Things are starting to gel. That’s clear. We aren’t going to win every game, we are going to have Fulham and Newcastle games (every team in the league bar Liverpool and city have those). The key is to have them less frequently.

I’m confident that will happen. Our defence is much better, we’ve sorted it set pieces, we are scoring more. I’ve seen enough to believe that we can continue to improve.

Get recruitment right in the summer and then let’s see.

The problem isnt so much not being able to beat the poor sides its more our away form is just poor.

If we csn crack how to grind out wins away from home we'll shoot up the table. 1st thing is keeping Zouma, bringing in a creative midfielder and top striker who can score.

B. First time in a while i've actually looked forward to big games. The draw against Liverpool at Anfield still makes me happy and if we get a 15-20 goals a season striker to play with Richarlison and don't lose anyone from the current team I would be happy enough.

I've gone for C. Up until the Cardiff away game he was on an E, but since the end of February he has done excellent and deserves credit. I also think our season was derailed by Pickford's error at Anfield which wasn't his fault, but he has to shoulder a lot of blame for the poor results that continued after the initial hangover of that defeat.

To put it in to perspective though...

Allardyce got us 34 points from our final 24 games last season after taking over a shambolic side.

Silva has got us 31 points from our last 24 games.

So A's and B's seem far too generous to me.

Having said that, we are looking strong at the moment, and we'd have never have achieved some of the performances and results we have recently under Allardyce which is why nearly all Evertonians wanted him gone last May. We've finished the season great and hopefully Silva will improve even further next season.

B. First time in a while i've actually looked forward to big games. The draw against Liverpool at Anfield still makes me happy and if we get a 15-20 goals a season striker to play with Richarlison and don't lose anyone from the current team I would be happy enough.

Draw at Goodison me old chum. You are correct in the 15-20 goal striker but that would be a difficult task but even a 10-15 goal striker would much improve us as long as siggy and Richarlison keep up there scoring ratio.

I gave him a C. We are going to finish mid table which for his first season is ok. A substantial part of the season was awful and we were rubbish in the cups. However we have picked up recently which does give us hope for next season. I expect this squad to finish between 4-11 in the table so hopefully fighting for 4-6 next season and better cup runs. If we think back to the desperate feelings after the last home game of last season though there is a world of difference.

Baring in mind that the best strikers in the league are only around 19/21 goals this season, I'd love to know who people think we can get in that bracket without European football. Even IF we can attract that calibre of striker, I highly doubt we would have much money left to buy other positions.

Brands and Silva need to buy smart. I personally don't believe we can attract that kind of striker currently, a mid table side for a few seasons now. we need to close the gap incrementally.

Liverpool changed me how we matched and combated there all star attack,also now we play with such great intensity there is a clear plan of what we are doing and how we are going about it Man Utd was simply incredible how we rinsed them ,this is going to be a very enjoyable ride

Draw at Goodison me old chum. You are correct in the 15-20 goal striker but that would be a difficult task but even a 10-15 goal striker would much improve us as long as siggy and Richarlison keep up there scoring ratio.
Knew I was dreaming there. Very close to the draw at Anfield, but we won't discuss that.

Status
Not open for further replies.