• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva signed all those players ffs.
Exactly
Allardyce had Williams bolasie Rooney etc and still did the same job plus he took over from when we had 4 wins from 14.

Yet they still achieved the same.

If Silva had allardyces team and took over from 4 wins from 14 games, he would of done worse then allardyce did.

There both bad managers is what I'm saying and we need someone better

I couldn't wait for last season to end. Joyless football which consisted of getting the ball to Wayne Rooney and hoping he could find Walcott / Tosun with a rangey pass. Whenever asked, Sam would say "to play better football you need better players". Nothing about coaching what we had, no identity. Instead it was "get me 11 good players and they'll work it out".

It's prehistoric.

This season I don't particularly want it to end. The football has been at times exciting. It's aggressive. It's progressive. The players are improving.

This summer is, without doubt, THE summer.

Next season could just be one we remember for a long time. And hopefully now i've said that we aren't relegated!

Well in Marco for finally building some foundations we can work upon.

Exactly
Allardyce had Williams bolasie Rooney etc and still did the same job plus he took over from when we had 4 wins from 14.

If Silva had allardyces team and took over from 4 wins from 14 games, he would of done worse then allardyce did.

Think it’s harsh to put Silva in the same bracket as Allardyce - we’ve seen clear improvements to players and how we play over the season (cases in point Keane, DCL and Bernard) we had a bad spell but Silva managed to get us out of it which also deserves credit to me.

I think this summer and next season are massively make or break though.

Exactly

It's cute in a way how much you're keeping this pretence up, very admirable. That’ll change come Sunday

Here is the big question for the stubborn, ask yourself did Martinez pull himself out of such a massive slump? Did Koeman before he was sacked? Would the Gravy King? Because that is what Silva has done against all doubts, that is why he's getting a second season

Comparing seasons is pointless, every season is and has its own life cycle and competitiveness and context.

Wolves are a far better team then Burnley for example and we got to 8th last year despite ourselves, just happened that everyone was else was largely gash. That middle section of the league is very competitive, with Wolves, Watford, Bournemouth, WHU and Leicester all being good sides.

We are doing it this season by playing expansive football not with 10 men behind the ball praying for a draw.

Its like the the across the roaders talking about how they would have won the league any other year then this one.

Exactly

Silva is a “bad” manager? Where’s your evidence that he’s a “bad” manager? Hasn’t he just steered the team to almost a record number of clean sheets for the club, at the same time beating Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd.....Hasn’t he improved Richarlison? Hasn’t DCL improved under him? Haven’t pretty much all of his signings this season been impressive?

He’s had one pre season where he acted quickly in removing some dead wood and made some good signings in quick time.

No manager in the world would have had a world beating first season with what Silva had at his disposal.

You need to be judging him this time next year as to whether he is a “bad” manager or not.

Exactly

Honestly, what are you about?

I couldn't wait for last season to end. Joyless football which consisted of getting the ball to Wayne Rooney and hoping he could find Walcott / Tosun with a rangey pass. Whenever asked, Sam would say "to play better football you need better players". Nothing about coaching what we had, no identity. Instead it was "get me 11 good players and they'll work it out".

It's prehistoric.

This season I don't particularly want it to end. The football has been at times exciting. It's aggressive. It's progressive. The players are improving.

This summer is, without doubt, THE summer.

Next season could just be one we remember for a long time. And hopefully now i've said that we aren't relegated!

Well in Marco for finally building some foundations we can work upon.

nail on the head that, remember scurrying out quickly after the Southampton game last season couldn't even be arsed staying to clap them players off with that fat helmet not even bothering to come out

this season as you said don't want it to end weve been boss the last month or 2, I had my doubts on Silva during that horrific run but always maintained he should see the season out, and he's justified it, next season just need to show the same consistency we have recently

Exactly

There's no way Allardyce and Walsh would have signed the likes of player Silva and Brands did

We saw the calibre of player Large Samuel and Simpering Steven signed (Walcott and Tosun) and we would have had more of the same had the two been allowed to remain in office (No offence intended to those players, but neither of them could hold Digne, Richarlison or Benard's jock)

They would have likely signed more meh players and we would have probably been bottom half, all whilst playing turgid football

Silva and Brands combined to sign exciting players and almost all of them have delivered. All whilst having us playing better football and also actually having a go against the big teams

It's not even a contest at this stage

Silva > Allardyce

Now let's let this stupid argument be put to bed once and for all

We're likely to finish 4th in clean sheets this season, and could even finish 3rd. I have to give Silva full credit for that and admit I had written him off as ever being able to build a solid defence. If we can maintain that (and hopefully sign zouma or a good replacement) it gives us a really solid base to build on next season.

The fella was a stain on the history of the club, yet there`s still a few on here who`d have him back.

The fact that since us he hasn`t been offered a job, despite all the comings at goings during the season speaks volumes.

Last heard of " considering a job in India " lollollollollollollol
I still can't believe that the fat disgusting mess of a Neanderthal was allowed anywhere other than the visitors dugout at Goodison. A stain on our history, I do wish people would stop referring to his tenure here, it's best forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.