• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, but I personally think that the days of this 'top 6' category are numbered. I don't think they are a million miles away as it is, and if Everton's recruitment team have another summer as good as last summer then we should be competing with them, and not just as a one off either. Give it a few years and there will be no 'top 6'.

I had this conversation with my mate the other day. He was saying that a player will still choose United over us any day of the week, which is true of course. But that didn't stop us from signing Richarlison and Digne, and I'm very glad United won the 50 million pound race for Fred. I hope United keep on winning the race for overpriced crap players. Their defence is woeful as well. Everton's defence is streets ahead of United's.
United will always go for flagship signings and the Lukaku/Pogba egos to match the fee. We will buy hungry, good players and that way a team is created. I have every confidence in our management team. Roll on next season.

The top 6 are miles away.

But I never think its an impossible task to catch them, I always think we are 1 utterly superb transfer window from catching them. All it takes is the right ingredients.

I dont set targets till the window closes, if the window closed tomorrow I would be very concerned, I dont think we have a squad able to break the top 6 currently, but of course the next 3 months could change that.

As for Silva, hes shown he can get the results, he just needs to string more of them together and address slumps far quicker.

I see this season for what it is, a transitional season, the manager found the players he can rely on, the players bought into the tactics and we are reaping the rewards, too little far too late, but it gives me hope for next season. We now need to get the recruitment right and who knows?

I always dream, my glass is always half full, look forward, never back.
That’s actually a really good post and I agree with a lot of it;)

We’ll be battling it out with Leicester and Wolves next season, possibly West Ham if they can get their act together.

Without a huge change of direction at boardroom level, I feel this will be our level for the foreseeable.
You’re trying too hard now.

We’ve spent a truck load of money under Moshiri. Unfortunately we just had idiots like Koeman and Allardyce in charge of it.

You’re trying too hard now.

We’ve spent a truck load of money under Moshiri. Unfortunately we just had idiots like Koeman and Allardyce in charge of it.
There is more to bring a successful football club than just chucking money at it, as many clubs have demonstrated.

Failures like Bill Kenwright and Woods need to be removed and forward thinking professionals brought in.

It's a good point. At the end of the day we need to do our own job well, that is fundamental of course.

I do think there is an opportunity for us to bring in the sort of players we need, who may be put off by potential lack of game time and competing in squads on paper that are bigger and better than ours, and even taking younger fringe players who are already at these clubs, Brands has said as much recently which is good to hear.

First priority is building an XI with no glaring weaknesses, and young enough to be sustained over a five year cycle, the only exception to that being selling if we receive offers too good to refuse and plough the money straight back in and maybe buy three players where we had one.

No side has 23 players of equally high quality but you have to have a core of 14-15 that will be good enough over 38 games, the rest is padding and we should do that with youth.

Brands has experience of building sides slowly so I hope he thinks that with time, we can establish ourselves as a club that will be mostly good enough to be bunched in with the top sides. The days of two or three clubs dominating are long over and that transition creates difficulties for our opponents and opportunities for us.

In the medium term and at the end of the next 2-3 years, with the correct decision making and execution, I don't think it is at all impossible to be roughly where Arsenal and Chelsea are now - largely ok (if not by their own recent standards) but still good enough to be in the top six and both capable of sustained long runs in Europe with one of them likely to win the Europa League. I can't see with prudent management and a consistent and thoughtful transfer policy why that cannot be the case.

I don't think it's as difficult to attract players as is sometimes made out - you have to be flexible enough to take advantage of good deals when they arise - Digne on paper shouldn't even be considering Everton but we got him for a ridiculously good fee and there are more like him out there.
Excellent post and I think Brands is the key to the whole project
I think Moshiri trusts and believes in Brands
If Brands tells Moshiri to stick / twist with Silva Moshiri will take his advice
Brands has shown his worth in the transfer market and I’m sure he knows the fringe players at the bigger clubs who would suit us
Malcolm and Semerdo ( sp) at Barca are 2 I’d say he has looked at and I’m sure there’s more around Europe
Give Brands this window and the deals done early and there’s no reason we can’t have a crack at the top six next season

I don't think there was a world of difference between them tbh. Koeman had us in 7th as well.

All the money going around is actually reducing the inequality in the league, and not just amongst the bottom 14 clubs either. We need to stop acting like the top 6 are on a different planet to us. Arsenal, United and Chelsea are all shadows of their former selves, and we are more than capable of spending our money better than they spend theirs, and competing with them in the league next season.

I can't understand why we would ever be setting ourselves the target of doing just as crap as the last two seasons.
But I think Silva has done a lot to improve us imo - and this is from someone who was papping himself at one point, wondering where the next win was going to come from and if we could even defend!

1) In conjunction with Brands, the signings have been superb.
2) The football has been much better on the whole - Although you could say that shouldn't be difficult after Allardyce
3) The players that were already here have shown vast improvements in areas of their games. Keane, DCL, Sigurdsson, Coleman, Gana, Schneiderlin to name a few - though I fear Walcott and Tosun are beyond help. This is down to our players actually being coached for once.
4) We are actually playing a system other than 4-5-1 - which whatever our respective managers might have called it, is what we've played since 2004.
5) We are showing a mix between possession based movement of the ball and getting it forward quickly into good areas - which we've all been crying out for for years.
6) We have actually started to beat the 'big' clubs again.
7) We have put in our best 2 derby performances for years.
8) There is a real togetherness and team spirit amongst the players again.
9) Even when we were going through our terrible run, the players never simply downed tools and stopped playing for the manager - how often can we say that in football these days?
10) We came through an incredibly difficult patch to improve massively.
11) Unlike any of our previous managers (Moyes included) he seems willing to try new things and actually learn from his mistakes.
12) Case in point - our defence now looks totally solid.
13) He has grown into the role of Everton manager and even though he can sometimes be difficult to understand, many of his answers and actions over the last few months have been both classy and brilliant.
14) Silva has never tried to talk down expectation- without resorting to hyperbole either.
15) The players seem to have really bought into what it means to play for this club - which is vitally important as I thought we were losing this.
16) He didn't have most of his signings available to him at the start of the season, but by the end when they were up to speed, we look good.
17) He doesn't have a proper striker - but has still found a system that works.
18) He has rebuilt the bond between fans and players and the atmosphere at Goodison has improved- enormous credit also goes to the Originals and every one else involved here.
19) We have more points than last season.
20) With the level of mess inherited, it could easily have taken 3 or 4 years just to get back to the level we are currently at - he has seriously arrested a potential disaster in the making!

Last edited:
Good listen this,
While it's strictly about United I think some of these points can be applied to Everton since Koeman/Walsh absolutely nearly ripped this club in half.

20 points from the last 10 games I think.

That’s an excellent return however you look at it.
too little too late.
people said give him a season, he had a season and got the same position as allardyce (and even thats not certain yet)

now people are saying lets give him an other season.
he could of been sacked earlier on in the year and no doubt next year will be the same.

if the moneys is there ask someone like conte or morinho and see what they can do, no more of this "lets give an up and coming manager a chance" nonsense. we had that with martinez

20 points from the last 10 games I think.

That’s an excellent return however you look at it.
Screenshot_20190507-112007.png

Status
Not open for further replies.