• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
too little too late.
people said give him a season, he had a season and got the same position as allardyce (and even thats not certain yet)

now people are saying lets give him an other season.
he could of been sacked earlier on in the year and no doubt next year will be the same.

if the moneys is there ask someone like conte or morinho and see what they can do, no more of this "lets give an up and coming manager a chance" nonsense. we had that with martinez

Or there is a trajectory of improvement in terms of football AND results.

You seem to be fairly anchored in your view?

Why do you think the recent form is ‘too little, too late?’

Too late for what?

too little too late.
people said give him a season, he had a season and got the same position as allardyce (and even thats not certain yet)

now people are saying lets give him an other season.
he could of been sacked earlier on in the year and no doubt next year will be the same.

if the moneys is there ask someone like conte or morinho and see what they can do, no more of this "lets give an up and coming manager a chance" nonsense. we had that with martinez
The idea of Everton signing up a manager who has actually won an English trophy is as strange as it is exciting.

Too late for what?
Europa League?

Too late for what?
results how.
silva managed 15 wins in 38, allaradyce would of managed the same if he had a full season.
too late for europe, the majority of people here agreed to 7th being a reasonable position to finish given the players bought in in the summer as a minimum.
cup run, possible break up of the top 6 would of been a bonus,

results how.
silva managed 15 wins in 38, allaradyce would of managed the same if he had a full season.
too late for europe, the majority of people here agreed to 7th being a reasonable position to finish given the players bought in in the summer as a minimum.

I might have got things wrong, but I don't think results were the reason that anyone wanted rid of Allardyce. Results were ok under him. It was everything else which was the problem.

We wouldn't have beaten Chelsea, Arsenal and Man United if Allardyce had been manager

Not a chance

And we wouldn't have played anywhere close to the attacking styled football we've played at our best this season

Silva has work to do next season no doubt, but the whole "We would have been no worse off under Allardyce" argument needs to die

That 4-0 win over United beat anything from last season when it came to enjoyment for me

results how.

You don’t think results have improved over the course of the season?

Allardyce average would have given us 53 points. Which is where we are now. However, the football was abysmal, we scored less, conceded more and the average age of the squad was much older. On top of that the fans absolutely hated everything about the club last year.

We had a terrible terrible run of form earlier in 2019. However, we score more, concede less (and have fixed a lot of the reasons for such a poor run of form), the football is light years ahead of where it was last season and the squad is much younger. And we’ve had to settle 6 first team players (who I think most will agree have worked out well in the whole). And the fans are back behind the team.

I’m confident that next year will be much improved tbh.

If we finish 8th I’ll be fairly satisfied. Cup run was awful and I’d have liked to have finished 7th but I think it’s clear that the ceiling under silva is a lot higher than it was under Allardyce.

results how.

Imagine still uttering Allardyce name as some sort of savior, Get in the bin.

You don’t think results have improved over the course of the season?

Allardyce average would have given us 53 points. Which is where we are now. However, the football was abysmal, we scored less, conceded more and the average age of the squad was much older. On top of that the fans absolutely hated everything about the club last year.

We had a terrible terrible run of form earlier in 2019. However, we score more, concede less (and have fixed a lot of the reasons for such a poor run of form), the football is light years ahead of where it was last season and the squad is much younger. And we’ve had to settle 6 first team players (who I think most will agree have worked out well in the whole). And the fans are back behind the team.

I’m confident that next year will be much improved tbh.

If we finish 8th I’ll be fairly satisfied. Cup run was awful and I’d have liked to have finished 7th but I think it’s clear that the ceiling under silva is a lot higher than it was under Allardyce.
I never said have allardyce, I said get someone in better then both of them

Solid transitional season for me. Unlucky not to have came 7th, but promising signs for next year. I think Silva has earned another season

Status
Not open for further replies.