• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of it was down to players such as Gomes not having enough in the tank, partly due to no pre season and injury. I think siggy and Richarlison looked leggy in the winter period but they had been putting some real shifts in early season. I think with a proper pre season and a bit of rotation we will cope much better mid season this year.
Strage that every year we always have players that did not have a full pre season!!!

C for me.

The squad is in better shape than when he took over but the mid-season slump and lack of any sort of cup run were disappointing.

Strage that every year we always have players that did not have a full pre season!!!

Listening to the noises coming out of Goodison I’ve got a feeling Brands will do his best to address that this summer and we’ll do our transfer buisness very early for a change, which would be great.

He'll either

A. Turn it around completely and have us top 7 next year

Or

B. Carry on the inconsistency and struggle against sides who park the bus/ set out to combat our tactics rather than playing there own game.

B. Carry on the inconsistency and struggle against sides who park the bus/ set out to combat our tactics rather than playing there own game.
It's a hard to thing to beat you know, City struggled against Burnley who did this, There is no easy way to beat teams who park the bus

It's a hard to thing to beat you know, City struggled against Burnley who did this, There is no easy way to beat teams who park the bus

Its difficult and near impossible to always achieve however we have failed on most occasions and against sides who try counter how we set up.

No coincidence that we have beaten the better sides at home compared to the poorer sides away as the home crowd help us as do those better sides focussing on their own game whereas Newcastle/Palace/Fulham set up to counter our style.

For me next year we have to be 7th with a gap closed on the top 6 with a distance and a style that seperates us from the teams 8-20th.

Listening to the noises coming out of Goodison I’ve got a feeling Brands will do his best to address that this summer and we’ll do our transfer buisness very early for a change, which would be great.
Zouma, Gomes ,Striker , RB,CM all announces on June 1st and a statement that our buisness for the summer is finished
Mods lock this thread and watch GOT go into a full scale global meltdown as the weasels imitate lemmings and throw themselves off a cliff

Its difficult and near impossible to always achieve however we have failed on most occasions and against sides who try counter how we set up.

No coincidence that we have beaten the better sides at home compared to the poorer sides away as the home crowd help us as do those better sides focussing on their own game whereas Newcastle/Palace/Fulham set up to counter our style.

For me next year we have to be 7th with a gap closed on the top 6 with a distance and a style that seperates us from the teams 8-20th.
We battered Palace and just couldn't score and Newcastle we were 2-0 up at half time and just were our own enemies rather than Newcastle being good
So countering our style wasn't that effective tbh

Just lip service that...only Palace set up to counter our style out of them 3 sides and they were completely outplayed. Even Hodgson admittedly they got the luck they needed to get a result but fair play to them, they got the point.

The other 2 didn’t set up to counter us in anyway. We just didn’t play to our own standard in anyway for the whole game at Fulham something I’m sure we’ll learn from and the way we played at Palace indicated we did.

Newcastle, well if they tried to counter us it certainly didn’t work. They got mullered for an hour and only the fact that we switched off and bottled it whilst once they started slinging long balls at us for the last half hour meant they got a result. Again, fair play to them but they never got a result cause they set up to counter us. It was more down to us not playing the style we have so well.

For the foreseeable future (10-20 years), the fight for 7th will be a dogfight between 5 clubs. We will occasionally win 7th place, but Watford, Leicester, Wolves and West Ham will also lift that ‘best of the redt’ trophy. Regardless, it bodes for exciting times ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.