Match Thread Man City v Everton 23 May 2021 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depressing that even after our win last night, our most likely finishing position is still 10th.

Hopefully we get something out of this game to prevent that.
This will be the Everton scenario we go to City play out of this world win 2-0 and Spurs beat Leicester. Or we get beat 2-0 and Spurs lose to Leicester. Either way we will miss out on Europe.

I think 10th is about right for the way we've played this season. Can you say in good conscience that we deserve to finish above Leeds? Us, Spurs and Arsenal have all been turgid this season, and none of us deserve European football. If Arsenal get into the Mickey Mouse conference league they'll celebrate it like a title win, same as the rs dropping 30 points off last season and claiming it as a victory. We should hope those things happen, because that means the American owners are satisfied with their mediocrity, and hopefully we can push on and improve our squad.

This kinda reminds me of that season under Moyes can’t remember the exact year but would have been around 2004 maybe. Anyway we had to play Man Utd on the final day of the season and needed a win I think for European football. Think we lost 2-0 with van nistelrooy and Beckham scoring.

This kinda reminds me of that season under Moyes can’t remember the exact year but would have been around 2004 maybe. Anyway we had to play Man Utd on the final day of the season and needed a win I think for European football. Think we lost 2-0 with van nistelrooy and Beckham scoring.
02/03, we led 1-0 then United got a dodgy free kick which Beckham looped over Wright and an even dodgier pen which RVN scored, Blackburn won their game and beat us to a Euro spot by a point

So we can finish anywhere from 7th to 10th. That is so frustrating as even two more home wins would have left us with an outside chance of the big dance. In my opinion we are ready for neither at this point but it would still be great to pinch 7th spot. City losing the other night prompted Guardiola to call for a performance in their last league game prior to the CL final so my guess they will start strong and we are sure to see Aguerro at some point for his final bow and inevitable goal. Best we can hope for is a point I think and just hope and pray others falter. I am ok with Carlo at the moment and in spite of the embarrassing home form there has been improvement in lots of areas, players and stats.

Pickford, Coalman, Mina, Keane, Godfrey, Digne - Allan, Doucoure, Davies (I know), Richarlison and DCL.
I am assuming Rodriguez will be out with fatugue.

I remember that, united went through the motions for most of the game but we just couldnt score, thinking they got board of waiting for us to do something so grabbed a couple themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.