Match Thread Man City v Everton 23 May 2021 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having said that, there was no consistency with tactics, formations and player selections. I believe for that reason we never really hit a rhythm.
I believe we never hit a rhythm because we still rely on Andre Gomes, Gylfi Iceland and Tom Davies to contribute.

Sheffield United beat Man Utd away from home and got relegated

West Brom beat Chelsea 5-2 and got relegated

We might pick up the odd decent result every now and again but if we can’t sweep past the mid table and relegated sides what is the point

West Ham swept aside so many mid table sides this season and struggled against most of the top teams and were only a few points away from qualifying for the champions league
Hence the line of me saying ‘lots of work to find consistency”.

Carlo has the same similar problem today as he did when he first joined the club.
If he loses everybody he needs to lose there would hardly be anybody left.

Our inability to break down sides and score more than 1 goal is worrying. We definitely need better quality attacking player as the creativity in the team bar rodriguez and digne is pretty awful.

Sigurdsson and Rodriguez will prob see out their contracts next season and then leave for free. Iwobi may follow the Walcott route and go out on loan. I expect we will try and sell Bernard to some Spanish side for a few mil. I doubt we will exercise the option to sign king. That only really leaves us with richarlison and dcl as our attacking players in the long term.

Walcott and bolasie have already left, Gordon is out on loan but I can’t see him having any future with us. Kean wants to leave and is already house hunting in Paris. Tosun is coming back from a serious injury and is crap and will leave once his contract expires.

Truthfully we need at least 3 quality attacking players this summer.

Our inability to break down sides and score more than 1 goal is worrying. We definitely need better quality attacking player as the creativity in the team bar rodriguez and digne is pretty awful.

Sigurdsson and Rodriguez will prob see out their contracts next season and then leave for free. Iwobi may follow the Walcott route and go out on loan. I expect we will try and sell Bernard to some Spanish side for a few mil. I doubt we will exercise the option to sign king. That only really leaves us with richarlison and dcl as our attacking players in the long term.

Walcott and bolasie have already left, Gordon is out on loan but I can’t see him having any future with us. Kean wants to leave and is already house hunting in Paris. Tosun is coming back from a serious injury and is crap and will leave once his contract expires.

Truthfully we need at least 3 quality attacking players this summer.
A player who passes the ball forward and finds other Everton players when doing it would be a good start.

Final chance to vote is Friday as the poll closes at 5.57pm UK time.

After that we'll announce the Player of the Month for May as voted for... and then the Big One - the GOT Player of the Season ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.