Match Thread Man City v Everton 23 May 2021 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn’t able to catch the match earlier and just watched the highlights...good lord that was embarrassing to sit though for a few minutes, let alone 90. I know it’s the best team in the world, but a semi pro team could have scored against the defense from the look of it. Was it as bad as the highlights made it seem?

These last several weeks have left an awful taste in my mouth. Gone from being invested in several players on this team to not caring who gets cleared out. Good ol Everton. I’m not getting too upset about anything during this watered down season, but woof.

We played the whole game like it was Sergio's testimonial. No motivation, no hunger , no desire , no snide , no effort , no pace , no organisation and no leadership.
God only knows how we can significantly improve without a massive investment in hungry young players.

I wasn't feeling so bad this morning until I just saw something about how we sat 2nd in the table at 10pm on Boxing Day.

Now it feels like a proper Monday morning after getting wallopped

So Carlo says they have a clear plan over the summer to improve the squad. We are probably stuck with him anyway, so no choice but to see how it goes next season.

We played the whole game like it was Sergio's testimonial. No motivation, no hunger , no desire , no snide , no effort , no pace , no organisation and no leadership.
God only knows how we can significantly improve without a massive investment in hungry young players.
It's the risk of modern football,young men millionaires in a team that isn't going to seriously challenge for trophies. Do the bare minimum see out your contract. We appear to attract more than most.

Agreed. What a largely gutless effort that was yesterday. Accepting it was all set up for a thumping City win and but for JP an Aguerro hat-trick we deliver a clueless and lacklustre display. We should have brought on the two keepers as out field players as they could not have done any worse than Siggurdson, Davies, Keane and the list goes on. He (Ancelotti) finally gives young Nkonkou a run out. I am convinced even out of position this kid may have given us a bit extra since he actually can run fast, There is a novelty. Iwobi, Siggurdson, Davies, Keane, Holgate - could you all just please chuff off into obscurity. Thanks. if I suggested Patrick Bamford is a better striker than DCL I am guessing their would be a riot. Patrick Bamford is better footballer than DCL. Michael Antonio is better than DCL. So too Watkins at Villa.They do more for their teams and far are more clinical finishers. Richarlison is a flake. I genuinely hope we sell this erratic sullen imposter. We have a few good players. That is it. Carlo says we are not a possession team. We are not an energetic one either or a pacy one. Now the agony of being turned down by targets begins.

Agreed. What a largely gutless effort that was yesterday. Accepting it was all set up for a thumping City win and but for JP an Aguerro hat-trick we deliver a clueless and lacklustre display. We should have brought on the two keepers as out field players as they could not have done any worse than Siggurdson, Davies, Keane and the list goes on. He (Ancelotti) finally gives young Nkonkou a run out. I am convinced even out of position this kid may have given us a bit extra since he actually can run fast, There is a novelty. Iwobi, Siggurdson, Davies, Keane, Holgate - could you all just please chuff off into obscurity. Thanks. if I suggested Patrick Bamford is a better striker than DCL I am guessing their would be a riot. Patrick Bamford is better footballer than DCL. Michael Antonio is better than DCL. So too Watkins at Villa.They do more for their teams and far are more clinical finishers. Richarlison is a flake. I genuinely hope we sell this erratic sullen imposter. We have a few good players. That is it. Carlo says we are not a possession team. We are not an energetic one either or a pacy one. Now the agony of being turned down by targets begins.
Fairly sure Dom is better at converting chances than all of those you compared him with

Status
Not open for further replies.