Match Thread Man City v Everton 23 May 2021 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Some Of The Pep Guardiola Pre Everton Press Conference​

Aguero's farewell​

What does he mean to the club?

First of all I said many times he's incredibly nice, funny humble. He's the legend he is, from Argentina and in this country it's so difficult to score goals for many years. I can't imagine how many more goals he would have scored if he was able to be fitter. He was incredibly loved from the backroom staff, he's a very nice person and the quality of the player I can't add anything to the numbers, his performances when he was fit was incredible. Sunday the 10,000 fans want to give him gratitude for what he has done for the club. Titles, numbers, performances.

Fitness news​

We put the players to win the game. Six days until the final, if there is one player injured, unlucky, always can be injured. Kyle Walker coldn’t play vs Brighton because he had a twist in his ankle playing with his children. Everyone is fit, Sergio trained yesterday and today. Joao cannot play for three games for this action, really nice. The rest is fit.

Picking the team​

Always is difficult. I have to be straight in my decisions and they will understand.

On Kane​

I don't want to talk about it. It’s a game for Sergio to respect the competition for Everton, and we have a game for the Champions League.

Young players stepping up next season​

Maybe. I won't say because it can confuse the young players. I am delighted with Enzo Maresca in the EDS, I have a feeling he will be an incredible manager, like I had with Mikel Arteta. It depends on how many players we have, how many we sign. There are two or three who will be regularly training with us and involved with the squad.

Dias' character​

It wasn't expected, we knew about his quality. Especially how he is helping the guys. The defender how he helps the problem, the partnership with his partner but also like the wingers. He's always thinking about football, he's so young. I'm sure, maybe I'm wrong, the backroom staff we pick as one for the captains because he always wants to help, to improve, he listens. He has bad moments, enjoys the good moments for his mates. A big congratulations for this award.

Aguero - how has he adapted technically to PL​

When he's fit, and he has continuity in training and the games. He's like Romario, in five metres he can be like a lion in the jungle making steps to kill opponents. The biggest quality is his unique sense of goal, his last goal at Palace defines him perfectly.

Foden for England​

Hopefully, we try to help him. It's a normal process, he's growing up to be the team. Soon, hopefully not, but he might decrease. Now is the moment we try to help him, he likes to play 24 hours. His career is going all the time in a good moment. We'll count the bad moments. Now is a moment he has to understand how difficult is this business. I'm sure he's humble, knows what will happen and will help the guys who wants the best. He'll grow up as a football player.

Aguero to start​

Tomorrow we'll decide. As much he can play he will play. He's been disrupted. He had a partial training session, and tomorrow we'll decide.

Examples of Dias leadership​

He's a man of communication on and off the pitch. You feel it. The club doesn't give you a role as a leader, it comes from inside. If it's not real te people realise it. He's not, he's a guy when he says something he believes it and helps the guys, He takes a responsibility in the good and bad moments At his age, it comes from his dad and mum, all his mates and manager at Benfica helped him to grow. He's always thinking to improve. The feeling comes every day in training, how the prepare, the way he eats, thinking he can do better. That's why he will have success, in the bad moments he won't be depressed, will accept he's not been good and can improve. The corrections are for his best, not because he feels like being aggressive or guilty. He's having success in his career.

What crap player gets to take Colemans place then? Will he bring Holgate back or give Iwobi his 27th chance of the season I wonder?

I think it'll be

Pickford
Holgate
Godfrey
Keane
Mina
Digne
Allan
Doucoure
Gylfi
Richarlison
DCL

Their reserves would put 4 past us with ease. That said as long as we have a shot im not losing faith in us making it to europe.

COYB.

I actually think we will play OK on Sunday. (based on nothing but gut feeling)
Whether that will be enough against this City team I don't know.

the possibility of European football, however remote, dooms this game to a big loss. It would have been better if all chance of Europe had been expunged since then our brave lionhearts could play with zero performance pressure. As it is, they will bottle this awfully...4-0 to City

Status
Not open for further replies.