Match Thread Man City v Everton 23 May 2021 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that, united went through the motions for most of the game but we just couldnt score, thinking they got board of waiting for us to do something so grabbed a couple themselves
Think Rooney had a few good chances that game. If it's the one I'm thinking of.

SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH MAN CITY P/C

Carlo On City game​

What I said a long time ago, it happened. I said we wanted to fight until the last minute of the last game, and we are there to fight.
We wanted to fight until the last minute of the last game for Europe and we are there to fight with all our motivation, all our energy. We know it will be maybe the most difficult game, against the champions, but we are calm,

Carlo on James Rodriguez​

Unfortunately he's not available for the game. He didn't recover from the problem on his calf & unfortunately didn't finish the season well. Now he will be focused on the Copa America. I hope to have him next season fit & at his best

Coleman also out​

Ancelotti confirms Seamus Coleman is also out of this weekend's clash with Man City

Transfer plans​

The plan is quite clear. We have time to talk in the next few weeks how to improve the squad. The plan & profile of the player is clear and we have to work on it

Best part of the season​

I'm really pleased that we were more competitive compared to last season. More competitive against the strong teams, we won the derby, we won a lot of games away. This was the best parts of this season

Carlo on were to Improve/What to Look for​

We have to put more quality in the squad & to play more attractive football
The profile is to find a winger that scores goals, that is able to defend, to sacrifice, put crosses. These kinds of player are not easy to find but there are a lot of profiles. There are a lot of good players around the world"

Carlo on Wolves Response​

They responded but I knew this. The season was like this. After a defeat, usually we had a great reaction. We lost at home a lot of games & there were really difficult games away we were able to win.

Carlo on Europe Conference League​

It's a different competition, a new competition... It's not the most exciting in Europe - we know - but to participate could be good for us & the future of this club

Carlo on Man City expectations​

They usually play a style of football & it doesn't matter who is or isn't going to play. They have a fantastic squad & idea of football so we expect the best Manchester City [team] possible

Carlo on Godfrey England Chance's​

I think Ben did his best in this season & if he will be selected, it will be a fantastic gift for him and a great gift for a season that was absolutely outstanding. The competition in England squad is really high but for me, he did enough

Carlo On James and the Copa America​

I think the Copa America is in his mind when the season finishes. Unfortunately in this last period he was not fit, he had a problem that didn't allow him to play regularly. That's it. Now he has to be focused for the Copa America

Status
Not open for further replies.