Match Thread Man City v Everton 23 May 2021 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No fans. With spectators in the ground we win about 2 away games a season! Anyway, this reminds me of when we went to Arsenal on the last day in about 1996. They had nothing to play for, and beat us 6-1, even Tony Adams scored!
Not even close, we beat them 2-1 in 1996, the 6-1 score line was at Goodison on the opening day of 2009-10 and Tony Adams scoring was the penultimate game of the 97/98 season when we lost 4-0 and Arsenal lifted the title

A repeat of that game when the never to be forgotten when Preki scored. I cba checking but I think that was the last game of the season and we won 5-3 or something similar.

Referee: Michael Oliver.
Assistants: Stuart Burt, Simon Bennett.
Fourth official: Michael Salisbury.
VAR: Darren England.
Assistant VAR: Andy Halliday.

Throw a couple of million to city on the sly to play a fans team (their u18s might give us a game so too risky) or perhaps agree to write off any John Stones bonus payments that might be left from them winning CL or something…

Not even close, we beat them 2-1 in 1996, the 6-1 score line was at Goodison on the opening day of 2009-10 and Tony Adams scoring was the penultimate game of the 97/98 season when we lost 4-0 and Arsenal lifted the title
Sorry, they've battered us so many times over the years I got them mixed up!

We basically have to fluke a win at Citeh! Hope Liecester do Spurs (which they may or they get Europa.) and then the Arsenal don't matter. so build the blue wall to stop them scoring and hope James or Richy pull something special out of the bag.
City will have their 2nd team out with the CL final 6 days later... Great chance to beat them.

City will have their 2nd team out with the CL final 6 days later... Great chance to beat them.
As ever, City's 2nd team even if they did play it which i doubt is still very good-they will want to win infront of their fans for one, plus we have to attack which most games we seem incapable of at times, i like many want the win

Status
Not open for further replies.