Let the counter-briefing begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
All totally correct. This bizarre smear campaign as the club holds its breath while Moshiri makes a decision is clumsy and unedifying. And as shown earlier in some cases disingenuous

It’s just a bonus that the echo doesn’t really have much of a reputation nowadays because when smearing like this comes out, and sticks then we’re the ones who end up with a negative reputation.

I don’t even know if the club are involved with this, tell the readers what they want to hear, you’ve got to comfort in times like this, but come in, spare the embarrassment.

It’s not the Kenwricht days of 2000s, this was a major pawn in our game to get into the barrier, but whilst a big set back, we’ve now seen that we’re an ideal club, who pay well, for a manager to come in, build a project, but not tarnish their reputation.

Of course! You can’t have nasty Ancelotti getting away with mugging Everton FC off.

The reality is, and as the emotions settle, we were never, ever competing with Real Madrid, and it’s sad that we’re in this position. One day, I dream we’ll be back amongst Europeans greatest and this won’t happen anymore.

But let’s be realistic here, there is no way Everton wouldn’t have known if Ancelotti did this. Did Madrid reach out to his agent? Possibly... did he entertain it? If so, yes.

But give over trying to make it seem like Ancelotti has been architecting his departure for over a week.

This was a storm in a teacup, and happened because they got news that Pochettino was unavailable and they made the safe choice.

If Reak were still a top team they would have went for Klopp. But let's be honest, would liverpool have lied down so meekly ? Not a chance, nice meek Everton, as long as we are seen as a stepping stone, that's all we will ever be. My son told me that tonight, first time in my life I was ashamed to make him a blue. Thanks Carlo.

Bill Kenwright's tenure. It's another manager departure overseen by Bill Kenwright with as much success as the rest of them.

It’s just a bonus that the echo doesn’t really have much of a reputation nowadays because when smearing like this comes out, and sticks then we’re the ones who end up with a negative reputation.

I don’t even know if the club are involved with this, tell the readers what they want to hear, you’ve got to comfort in times like this, but come in, spare the embarrassment.

It’s not the Kenwricht days of 2000s, this was a major pawn in our game to get into the barrier, but whilst a big set back, we’ve now seen that we’re an ideal club, who pay well, for a manager to come in, build a project, but not tarnish their reputation.

I think what irritates me about this media "strategy" is that it works off the default position that our fanbase are of sub-average intelligence and easily led. They aren't, and have seen through this tripe for at least a decade. It is absolutely wild that the the club's own media team take this assessment of their core audience.

If Reak were still a top team they would have went for Klopp. But let's be honest, would liverpool have lied down so meekly ? Not a chance, nice meek Everton, as long as we are seen as a stepping stone, that's all we will ever be. My son told me that tonight, first time in my life I was ashamed to make him a blue. Thanks Carlo.

There’s not a lot you can do.

The problem with us being a club of our current stature is, gou can’t compete with the big boys. I’m fully expecting that Ancelotti would have had something written in his contract regarding a release fee or something, every manager has if, and once it’s met, you’re free to negotiate.

There has been a few reports in International papers stating he turned down Inter, but this is the biggest team in the world and we’re not ready to compete with that.

Fwiw, I don’t think Klopp leaves Liverpool for Madrid, I think he’d leave and then go, after a break.
I criticise us for a lot of things, but we stepped up, got a man we shouldn’t have got, paid him handsomely, and we’re ready to fully back him, this summer.

But when Real Madrid come calling and offering 50% less and he still wants to go, well what cards do we have up our sleeves?

Yeah . To be honest when he left Everton I thought the way it played out was a little belittling to the club and in a way kind of summed up the period.

Don’t get me wrong United are a massive massive club and I didn’t dislike Moyes as such in the early years, we were in a poor state when he came , my issue is his period was made out to be an almost glory period end I never felt that way considering the overall picture.
Despite a net spend of £1 million ponds a year on transfers. Really ?

I think what irritates me about this media "strategy" is that it works off the default position that our fanbase are of sub-average intelligence and easily led. They aren't, and have seen through this tripe for at least a decade. It is absolutely wild that the the club's own media team take this assessment of their core audience.

Exactly, I grew up with the Fortress money, Kings dock and they spun hard times on us, Kenwright basically blackmailed us on a Kirkby “failing a safety certificate”.

Ive seen it all, try to keep parity, and I’m not angry at the club about Ancelotti, but completely agree... whilst you or I can see through the directive about “plucky” Everton.!
Loads will lap it up, and it’s yesterday’s news then and season tickets will start to flow through.

Despite a net spend of £1 million ponds a year on transfers. Really ?

Yeah. I think he did well considering, it’s not a period I’m enamoured with tho like some are and I didn’t like that knife to a gun fight stuff.

Also once again talk of Moshiri picking the manager and not our overpaid DOF who seems to basically just be around to take photos with players signing contracts instead of lovely local lad Contract Dave.

I don’t believe this was such a short notice thing, it’s been on the cards a while longer. Brands has his fans, I’m not a big fan, to me he’s another put on a pedestal before achieving anything substantial at the club.

Haha, brilliant. Ancelotti moved to Real Madrid - a club that sacked Del Bosque the day after completing a double in a golden age - because he feared a highly lucrative Everton sacking.

Totally insane. Who at the club is feeding King (another friend to the EFC board) et al this stuff?

Another reflection on what they think the intelligence level of the average fan might approximately be. The levels of self delusion it reeks of are terrifying - and a likely clue on why this club keeps finding itself in this very same position.

Status
Not open for further replies.