Leeds, Leicester and the other small clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its only 3 clubs now? Soton and Forest I think said they won't be taking action?

Screenshot_20231122_151409_The Athletic.jpg

Again, ruling that someone COULD look into whether they can get compensation, IF a club is found guilty at a later date is not anything. Its simply saying what the PL rules already say, that clubs can pursue compensation if a club is found guilty. The commission decides if they actually get anything based on the supposed merits of the case, and when the KC issued that they havent even reviewed the case. There is a sizable difference between "may" and "will" just as there is between "pursue" and "receive". Not saying the commission isnt stupid, but would increase their nightmare issuing any compensation for a breach in years that it had no impact on any of the clubs.

Yes but I might be mistaken but I think Forest and Soton have come out this week and said they;re not doing anything. Could be wrong

That was an article from last night so might be over 24 hours old since written.

They spoke to a few different sports lawyers and it would be a difficult case to call and the figures of 100 million are far fetched and would expect compensation to be much lower ( 10 million was one estimate )

That was an article from last night so might be over 24 hours old since written.

They spoke to a few different sports lawyers and it would be a difficult case to call and the figures of 100 million are far fetched and would expect compensation to be much lower ( 10 million was one estimate )

Yeah. They basically say it'll be hard to prove we gained a sporting advantage (Leeds were in the championship 2 of the 3 years if they went over those years), and even if they did it would be for ridiculously less than what these journos think it would be

Too many ambiguities to overcome for any of the clubs named in the thread heading. This whole palaver and the decision/penalty reached is enveloped in a fog which no one, other than the PL and independent commission, seem capable of seeing through and, so far, both are engaged in a complicit and culpable inability to adequately explain.

This is what bugs me more than anything.

1. Leicester and Leeds easily had better squads than us when they were relegated. Hardly a sporting advantage and a case of sour grapes if you ask me.

2. As incompetent as our board were, we were only in breech of the rules because of circumstances that were out of our control (and the league was complicit in our exceptions). We lost a sponsorship due to the war. The Sigurdsson situation. We were allowed to spend extra because of COVID (and we complied with the league).

It’s all so opportunistic and one of the most blatant cases of GOTCHA I have seen. They were creaming themselves at the chance to file a baloney lawsuit against us. Grass of the highest order. I’m sad that Leicester joined in. Very poor from them.

This is what bugs me more than anything.

1. Leicester and Leeds easily had better squads than us when they were relegated. Hardly a sporting advantage and a case of sour grapes if you ask me.

2. As incompetent as our board were, we were only in breech of the rules because of circumstances that were out of our control (and the league was complicit in our exceptions). We lost a sponsorship due to the war. The Sigurdsson situation. We were allowed to spend extra because of COVID (and we complied with the league).

It’s all so opportunistic and one of the most blatant cases of GOTCHA I have seen. They were creaming themselves at the chance to file a baloney lawsuit against us. Grass of the highest order. I’m sad that Leicester joined in. Very poor from them.

Leicester had some players who were better but I'm not convinced either of those teams had better squads than us

This compensation thing is a farce.
How can they decide on sporting advantage?
If they conjure one up, how do they quantify the level of payment.?
There's nothing concrete to go on, it's all theoretical and abstract.

Ah yes 3 clubs attempting to get a hundred million each... 3 hundred million law suit over a 19.5 million overspend... how on earth this nonsense gained any traction is beyond me. I'd actually be mortified if Everton attempted that kind of stunt if roles were reversed.

Just out of interest. If we were sued and it was successful then would it not just mean moshiri takes a hit on his selling price? Presumably it won't hurt the club too much?
We're taking wonga loans at around 20m every few weeks to keep the lights on.

If 777 are denied the approval to buy we'll need another buyer in quick smart.

We're on a life support machine and we only have a few more quid for the meter.

That's even before any potential case brought by a relegated club.

Status
Not open for further replies.