Leeds, Leicester and the other small clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m reaching the point where I think we should just tell them to do one, resign from the PL and apply to join the EFL………they would then have to take away the points from the teams we’ve already played and lost or drawn with. I’m sure Luton would be thrilled with that! They could then sue the PL, I’d love to see that happen 😂

The way this panel still has us in their crosshairs, it looks like administration would be a strong possibility if they let these no mark clubs sue us, which if it happened would definitely condemn us to relegation, so let’s preempt it and F the whole PL season up.

I’m reaching the point where I think we should just tell them to do one, resign from the PL and apply to join the EFL………they would then have to take away the points from the teams we’ve already played and lost or drawn with. I’m sure Luton would be thrilled with that! They could then sue the PL, I’d love to see that happen 😂

The way this panel still has us in their crosshairs, it looks like administration would be a strong possibility if they let these no mark clubs sue us, which if it happened would definitely condemn us to relegation, so let’s preempt it and F the whole PL season up.

Not sure you have thought that through. But I understand your frustration.

Imigine it's the same panel is deciding on these claims.. the same panel that said we gained a sporting advantage and didn't gain a sporting advantage, there's no point in fining a wealthy owner add this to the abuse they have gotten due to their idiotic decision.. I wouldn't be surprised to see them approve these claims.

Actually, the way this type of "loss of chance" thing is quantified is well established. Not arguing it's right or wrong, just that it is done. Example;

Let's say relegation costs a club £100M, for arguments sake. The panel might take a percentage "loss of chance" e.g. Everton breaching spending rules made Burnley 20% more likely to be relegated = therefore, Burnley would be due £20M in compensation (being 20% of £100M).

These numbers are totally made up before someone jumps down my throat, but that is probably the line of process/thinking they would follow.
Sorry but I'm a scientist.
I deal in things that are concrete and real, not abstract and virtual.

OK I know we have hypothetical ideas but they are based on
already known facts.

Leicester complaining is absolutely ridiculous. They went down solely because they had a nightmare of a season where they, and they alone, royally cocked it all up.
I am a lifelong Leicester supporter since the age of 7 and my first match was against Everton in August 1958 at Filbert Street. I completely agree with you as there cannot ever have been a team that had so many chances to avoid relegation last season and we did not take any of them. I have not seen anything official from our club to say that we are going to sue Everton and I just hope it does not happen. We have had our own financial problems in the past.

Think the best they can hope for is positional compo. Saying that.......isn't that the fault of the PL and nothing to do with us due to the timing of the case.
Can of worms opened though if they are successful

If you want to get really crazy, every club (apart from the champions) that we took points off in the affected seasons could claim compo. The basis being that we cost them a higher position in the league, thus denied them prize money, better commercial deals, maybe even European spots.

It's nuts.

This is what bugs me more than anything.

1. Leicester and Leeds easily had better squads than us when they were relegated. Hardly a sporting advantage and a case of sour grapes if you ask me.

2. As incompetent as our board were, we were only in breech of the rules because of circumstances that were out of our control (and the league was complicit in our exceptions). We lost a sponsorship due to the war. The Sigurdsson situation. We were allowed to spend extra because of COVID (and we complied with the league).

It’s all so opportunistic and one of the most blatant cases of GOTCHA I have seen. They were creaming themselves at the chance to file a baloney lawsuit against us. Grass of the highest order. I’m sad that Leicester joined in. Very poor from them.

It’s not quite that simple.

Siggy, the war etc have already been taken into account and we were still 20m over.

We did work with the PL but and they sanctioned transfers , but they did tell us that we were at risk of breaching FFP.

I guess our argument or thinking would be that we could/would sell some other players later to balance the books, but we didn’t.

So from their point of view we were warned that we were going into dangerous territory and done it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.