Lars Jacobsen from Nurnberg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad at least we can get players in that never made it into any rumour column in any of the papers.

How people can write-off an International (Danish at that) & Champs League experienced right-back is beyond me. Hibbert's been out a lot in the last few years and Neville played despite not being 100% on Saturday - suppose some people would rather us play Jagielka or Gosling there?!...

Speaking of, Jagielka got relegated before we signed him, Lescott & Cahill were from our 2nd tier so just because Nuremburg were relegated doesn't equate to Jacobsen being cack.

Remember earlier in the summer we were after Aimar, glad we didn't - he got relegated last season and must be [Poor language removed].

Sigh i give up with you ppl, you keep giving me bad rep...... :mad:. Im clearly a bigger and better Evertonian then every single 1 of you, so quit it with the closet kopite crap. I give up, im off to kipper.

This player is total crap and hes not what we needed, any1 who thinks different is clearly misguided or American, which is the same thing. Inabit moights.

Well, if your posts had any real substance you wouldn't get negative rep. Well it doesn't matter now, as I have banned you for some pretty out of order comments. Have fun on Kipper.

Well, if your posts had any real substance you wouldn't get negative rep. Well it doesn't matter now, as I have banned you for some pretty out of order comments. Have fun on Kipper.

Internet Gangster strikes again. hahahahahaha

Dylan you bully :p:p:p:p

Havn't read any of this thread, but does anyone know it this guy's any good? Doesn't sound much cop from the initial reports but he might have had a rough time of things or something.

Like people have said, Hibberts been moaned about, Nevilles been moaned about, we got someone else who could provide something different or at least something new at right back. Lets back him, he could prove another shrewd buy by Mr Moyes.

Bruce. I personally like the bloke, and believe he will do a fine solid job for us.

All you could ever want to know about him is here.

Lars Jacobsen biography

Lars Christian Jacobsen, (born September 20, 1979), is a Denmark professional Football (soccer) player, who plays as a Defender (football) for 1. FC Nürnberg. He is the first choice on the right full back position for country, and Jacobsen has played more than ten games for the Denmark national football team.

Biography

Born and raised in Odense on Funen, Jacobsen started his career with local top-flight team Odense BK (OB). His talent was quickly discovered, as he played 58 matches for various youth national teams, and won the 1997 Danish Football Association Young Players of the Year award. He made his senior debut for OB in the Danish Superliga 1996-97.

He got his big break-through the following season, when he played 15 first team matches, even though the club was relegated to the Danish 1st Division. He helped the club win promotion and relegation the very next season. His most notable result with OB came in the 2002 Danish Cup final. OB won 2-0 against defending Superliga champions F.C. Copenhagen, and Jacobsen was named "Cup Fighter" (man of the match) as the club won its first trophy in nine years. After the cup triumph, he moved abroad to play for Germany club Hamburger SV (HSV). HSV was no success for Jacobsen, as he played 22 German Bundesliga matches in his one and a half year at the club. In the 2003 winter transfer window, he moved back to Denmark to play for F.C. Copenhagen (FCK).

At FCK, Jacobsen was assigned the number 2 shirt, and he quickly became a part of the starting line-up, playing in different defender positions. He established himself at right full back, and in F.C. Copenhagen season 2005-06, he played full time as the club won the Superliga championship; 2,970 minutes in 33 matches. He was selected by national team coach Morten Olsen for the Denmark national football team in spring 2006. He made his national team debut on March 1, 2006, and played all 90 minutes of the friendly match 2-0 win against Israel national football team. He went on to play eight national team games in a row, before Morten Olsen decided to spare the FCK players in November 2006, due to FCK's tough fall schedule with several games in the international UEFA Champions League 2006-07 tournament.

Jacobsen was one of several FCK players who gathered international attention in FCK's UEFA Champions League games, and as he looked to leave the club on a free transfer (soccer) in June 2007, he was rumoured to be sold in the 2006 winter transfer window. A number of European clubs were reportedly interested in buying him, among them Everton FC, Paris SG and his former club Hamburger SV. In December 2006, Jacobsen agreed with FCK to stay at the club until his contract ran out, helping the club defend the Superliga championship, and days later he signed a contract with German club 1. FC Nürnberg starting from July 2007.

Honours

Team
- Danish 1st Division: Danish 1st Division 1998-99, with Odense
- Danish Cup: 2000-01, with Odense
- Danish Superliga: Danish Superliga 2003-04, Danish Superliga 2005-06 & Danish Superliga 2006-07, with Copenhagen

Individual
- 1997 Danish Football Association Young Players of the Year
- 2001 Danish Cup Fighter
- 2005 and 2006 Danish Team of the Year (Right back)

that is useful also.

i think he should go straight into the team, obviously it means neville is going into the middle, just need moyes to find a DM so that that doesnt happen and a tall striker to win all the long balls

I know Neville ain't the greatest but I'll be glad to see him moved into the centre mid. No offence to Rodwell but I think we need that experience in the middle and we haven't got that.

This may sound daft to many but why not drop Neville to the bench and play Jacobsen at right back against Portsmouth. I am interested in seeing how the Dane's distribution is compared to Neville's.

I remember him playing for FCK, he did a good job for 2005-2006 season. But why did he pick Nürnberg? What i remember, he had better offers from bigger clubs??
He choose Nuremberg to be sure of his place in the starting XI, so he'd keep his place in the national team. Fellow dane Jan Kristiansen (they're just about the same age as well) was in Nuremberg when Jacobsen signed. Jacobsen knows the bundesliga from his spell in Hamburg SV.

This may sound daft to many but why not drop Neville to the bench and play Jacobsen at right back against Portsmouth. I am interested in seeing how the Dane's distribution is compared to Neville's.
I'm not sure if he's ready. Definetely not completely fit. Left Nuremberg 6/30, and has trained with Copenhagen since then, plus a trial at Marseille. Played 60 minutes for Denmark on wednesday and did well, but was completely fatigued after an hour.
Ready to come of the bench, but not ready for starting eleven yet, imo.

Last edited:
Sigh i give up with you ppl, you keep giving me bad rep...... :mad:. Im clearly a bigger and better Evertonian then every single 1 of you, so quit it with the closet kopite crap. I give up, im off to kipper.

This player is total crap and hes not what we needed, any1 who thinks different is clearly misguided or American, which is the same thing. Inabit moights.

A bit surprising coming from you there Amablueski.

No worries. Everyone knows that all of us Americans are misguided. :p

Hah. Hahaha. Hahahahahahaha.

Chances of Neville being on the bench against Portsmouth = 0

Status
Not open for further replies.