Lars Jacobsen from Nurnberg

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only bad marks against this lad is some think he couldn't hold up in Premiership. Not sure if he is to brittle or just looks that way. But reading some of the news about him he could be a very astute signing. At least these last moments are becoming interesting to say the least.

Jacobsen or Annan?

Can`t get to excited by Jacobsen, but if he has a pair of boots get him in! Neville in the Carsley role??? Not sure on that one.
Reading other forums, Annan was TURNED DOWN by Blackburn for being to light weight.(Osman, Pienaar?)
Just posting what i have read, can`t comment personally as i`ve never seeen the lad play.

Playing in Ghana

Anthony Annan began playing his football with a local colts Super Rainbow stars in cape-coast,Ghana.He also played for Cape-coast venomous Vipers in the Ghanaian Division one league before joined Sekondi Hasaacas in 2003 and later moved to Accra Hearts of oak in 2005. At Accra Hearts of Oak, Annan was regarded as the best young midfielder in Ghana. He combined midfield artistry with some goal scoring skills, and endeared himself to many football fans in Ghana. Anthony Annan joined Accra Hearts of Oak from Sekondi Hasaacas FC in the 2005/2006 league season.

[edit] Transfer to Norway

He signed for the Norwegian club I.K. Start in January 2007 , after a very promising career in Ghana with local club Accra Hearts of Oak. He quickly established himself as a first team regular during I.K. Start's preseason games, and showed skills both off and on the ball. Unfortunately he was plagued by injury and illness during the first part of the 2007 season, and did not gain trust from then headcoach Benny Lennartson in the important final games to avoid relegation.
After Start got relegated during the 2007 season, he joined Stabæk on loan until August 2008. He has been playing well in the heart of midfield as Stabæk has yet to loose in an impressive opening half of the season. Stabæk has hinted that they want to buy him from Start, but Start have stated that they would have to pay a "European transfer-fee". Instead, Annan has claimed that several "big" clubs have approached his agent and that he will leave Norway during the summer.
On August 1st, 2008 it was revealed that Annan would be travelling to England for a trial with Blackburn Rovers. After impressing Paul Ince and the Blackburn coaching staff immensely, while on trial, he was sent back to his club to play in one more competitive game where the Blackburn Rovers scouts were to watch and report back on whether or not to complete the signing. It is also rumoured that Arsenal and Everton wanted to have Annan for a trial, but his first-team responsibilities with Stabæk prevented it from happening.

[edit] National team

A Junior and Olympic International for Ghana, Annan received his first senior call up for the national team on 20 March 2007 as a direct injury replacement for Essien for Ghana's FIFA International friendlies against Austria and Brazil in 2007.[1] His first cap came against Brazil on March 27, 2007 at the Råsunda Stadium, Stockholm, Sweden when Ghana lost 0-1.[2]
Annan was in fantastic form at the 2008 african cup of nations and is being scouted by numerous top flight European clubs, including Chelsea, Caen, and Borussia Dortmund.[3]. He is rated as one of the most exciting young talents in the World[4]. As per reports, Manchester United and Arsenal are heading the chase to sign him along with AC Milan, Atletico Madrid and Racing Santander.[5].

[edit] Playing style

Nicknamed Pablo Aimar in comparison to the Argentine national midfield superstar, Annan combines immense skill with a physical presence that complements his average height. Similar in style to Ghanaian midfield Superstar Michael Essien of Chelsea, Annan is touted as the next big thing to come out of Africa into Europe

Thanks Neiler nice post. I think this one would be good business. Somebody to inject some pace for us. I wonder if he is backup if SWP doesn't come and City nab him first. Or will we be in for both. Seems to me they offer about the same.

Thanks Neiler nice post. I think this one would be good business. Somebody to inject some pace for us. I wonder if he is backup if SWP doesn't come and City nab him first. Or will we be in for both. Seems to me they offer about the same.

I doubt it.

SWP is a winger, Annan plays centrally from what I saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.