Homepage Update: Koeman Not Confident On Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Convinced now that he has signed new contract.

Not sure if im happy, though.

I know what you mean, I like the lad and I really wanted him to stay, when it started to really look like he was leaving I was gutted, but I dealt with it and moved on.

Now things appear to indicate hes staying and I dunno, maybe it will change once he signs or goes, but currently I dont care either way.

Everton.

I'm starting to think he will stay but only because no one else wants him, if he signs I won't be remotely bothered, but if he dosent like pressure after they way he has messed us about dragging this out I think he is going to be under much more scrutiny now.
Hopefully they had ideas of a replacement who even if he signs we should still get, keep Barkley for the bench, his best position

Sandro.

But based on Barkley's performance yesterday and during much of this season, I would select Liam Walsh or Conor Grant before Barkley. Youngsters who run around a bit and want to stay at the club.

As for Bournemouth midfielders/attacking players I would prefer to Barkley: Stanilas, Arter, King and Wilshere.
That would be Connor Grant who has failed to play well for a League Two team and Walsh who plays an entirely different position and has yet to make a senior appearance for us
As for the blokes at Bournemouth? If they're that good why are we in 7th and not them. Why are they statistically poorer players?
You actually need to be placed in an asylum.

Walsh is a midfielder who has had a stellar season and I guarantee would have played better yesterday than Barkley. As for Connor Grant
Unsworth said that he was ready for first team football. You obviously never saw the game yesterday so let me tell you that Barkley was
poor... again.

My point is that Barkley may have loadsa talent but he just does not perform. The blokes at Bournemouth may have less talent but give it their all.

As for your inane question about relative positions, I may be have to go to an asylum but a kindergaten might be a good start for you. How old are you?

I know what you mean, I like the lad and I really wanted him to stay, when it started to really look like he was leaving I was gutted, but I dealt with it and moved on.

Now things appear to indicate hes staying and I dunno, maybe it will change once he signs or goes, but currently I dont care either way.

Everton.

I'm the same now. Honestly don't care either way anymore.

If he stays great, if he goes oh well.

More concerned on those coming in than going out right now.

Walsh is a midfielder who has had a stellar season and I guarantee would have played better yesterday than Barkley. As for Connor Grant
Unsworth said that he was ready for first team football. You obviously never saw the game yesterday so let me tell you that Barkley was
poor... again.

My point is that Barkley may have loadsa talent but he just does not perform. The blokes at Bournemouth may have less talent but give it their all.

As for your inane question about relative positions, I may be have to go to an asylum but a kindergaten might be a good start for you. How old are you?
I watched the game. I've seen some of Connor Grant this season, so rather than relying on what you've heard from Unsworth, he's been struggling to maintain a good level of performance three levels down the pyramid.
I rate Walsh but he's a defensive midfielder. Completely different requirements as a player, not to mention the move up from U21s to First Team isn't exactly an easy one, particularly given Walsh's lack of physique.
Ross wasn't good last game but he has been our best attacking player aside from Rom this season, basically the only creative outlet in this team.
Please keep up :)

Never said that mate and certainly didn't imply it. If you read my post again I said my concern was that we couldn't get the calibre of player needed to replace Barkley. I obviously rate the player higher than you do, but what we have is somebody tried and tested in the premier league, in the top 10 for assists and top 5 for chances created. Of those above him currently in the premier league there is only Sigurdsson who we could realistically attract to Everton, and we will have stiff competition for him I would imagine. Anybody else would come from outside the premier and therefore untested to a degree at this level. I look at Klaasen and see a lesser player than Barkley. Mertens has been mentioned but will cost a shedload and plenty of CL clubs will be looking at him. Tielemans looks as though the boat has sailed with that one. Plus just replacing barkley won't be enough. We need somebody else of the same calibre if we're to have the slightest chance of pushing for top 4. Your response of "just like Barkley, but better" doesn't cut it mate. Who are these players and how much will they cost and will they even want to come here?. These are the questions I would want answering.

As for Sandro, I see him as a replacement for Valencia/Kone, not Barkley. But what I've seen I like a lot and agree it would be brilliant business if we could get him to sign up, especially at the price being quoted.

I think it's really important that we coach Barkley and make him better, rather than giving up on him. Good local players, with Davies, Baines and maybe a few of the younger ones Dowell, etc, will make us stronger, and even non-English players will be happy to play for a team with a strong Liverpool / English core. It's really important. I would rather in the worst case, send him on loan abroad to Italy or Spain, and tell him we expect him to be the best, and we have got patience and faith in him. It must be so horrible for him to have his own fans give him a hard time all the time.

He'll be great when he's 25, and then for 6-8 years he'll be amazing, just watch!

Sandro.

But based on Barkley's performance yesterday and during much of this season, I would select Liam Walsh or Conor Grant before Barkley. Youngsters who run around a bit and want to stay at the club.

As for Bournemouth midfielders/attacking players I would prefer to Barkley: Stanilas, Arter, King and Wilshere.

I feel we need more than that to progress

That would be Connor Grant who has failed to play well for a League Two team and Walsh who plays an entirely different position and has yet to make a senior appearance for us
As for the blokes at Bournemouth? If they're that good why are we in 7th and not them. Why are they statistically poorer players?
You actually need to be placed in an asylum.
I decided to not to respond to that post because I wasn't sure whether he was just in WUM mode or if his hate for Barkley was seriously clouding his judgement. Either way I didn't see any point in carrying on the conversation with him.;)

I think it's really important that we coach Barkley and make him better, rather than giving up on him. Good local players, with Davies, Baines and maybe a few of the younger ones Dowell, etc, will make us stronger, and even non-English players will be happy to play for a team with a strong Liverpool / English core. It's really important. I would rather in the worst case, send him on loan abroad to Italy or Spain, and tell him we expect him to be the best, and we have got patience and faith in him. It must be so horrible for him to have his own fans give him a hard time all the time.

He'll be great when he's 25, and then for 6-8 years he'll be amazing, just watch!
I agree mate. I'm happy if he signs just because he's one of our better players who we should be looking to keep hold of.

The lads always divided the fans. Some, like me, love him regardless, some seem to hate him regardless. However the majority, going by this forum anyway, seem to love him when he's playing well and hate him when he isn't.

At the end of the day though the lad needs to sign his contract. The ball's in his court.

Ross wasn't good last game but he has been our best attacking player aside from Rom this season, basically the only creative outlet in this team.

Maybe I can fix you an appointment at the asylum. Now you claim to be a better judge than Unsworth of a player he manages. Delusions of
grandeur, I think its called. Maybe the doctor can also talk to you about your seeing things that never occurred.

Valencia who is technically a poorer player ran around, had a go and made things happen. Barkley lost possession, failed to tackle properly and
was a liability. Any younger player would have done better. Yes even Conor and Liam would have done better and will still be here next season.

There is no category of second best attacker as they were all poor. Barkley has under-performed. It is not clear what is his best position. At times he shows a bad attitude. He has failed to sign a big new contract. He wants to leave. Rodwell- Mark 2. RK is not bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.