Kevin Doyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite liked the look of him a couple of years ago,think he'd make an OK squad player, but anything more than a couple of million and it's a no from me. Not sure he'd be anything much of an improvement on Victor really.

We could probably do better to be honest.

It doesn't make sense.

a) He'll be 29 next month.
b) We've moved on from grafting forwards chasing down hoofs from defence.
c) He's only scored 22 goals in 3 years.
d) Presumably Wolves won't want to make a loss on the £6.5m they paid for him.
e) They've banked £22m for Fletcher and Jarvis and won't want to further deplete their squad unless the offer was too good to turn down.
f) I imagine that Moyes will have only about £3m left to spend and will be looking for someone who will play most weeks rather than a back up for Jelavic.

It doesn't make sense.

a) He'll be 29 next month.
b) We've moved on from grafting forwards chasing down hoofs from defence.
c) He's only scored 22 goals in 3 years.
d) Presumably Wolves won't want to make a loss on the £6.5m they paid for him.
e) They've banked £22m for Fletcher and Jarvis and won't want to further deplete their squad unless the offer was too good to turn down.
f) I imagine that Moyes will have only about £3m left to spend and will be looking for someone who will play most weeks rather than a back up for Jelavic.

Agree with all of that. Good post.

As with all transfers, depends on the price. Can play out wide and wouldn't be bad up top if he has someone like Fellaini near him. So he fills a need, not the most dire need, but a need nonetheless.

He was asked far too often to be the lone striker at Wolves with absolutely no support. It's very tough to gauge his ability at this point, imo. Find it hard to believe he's completely lost it at 29 though.

I agree with it doesn't make sense department. Vic probably has a better success rate in front of goal with time on the pitch not checking any stats for backup. Workrate is better but for a striker we need goals and I agree maybe didn't get great service. Like for like isn't going to rock my world on this one.

He is a typical Moyes player and if he was available for 2-3 mio. then he would add PL experience to a forward line which is very young.

At 4m or less it would be a very decent signing. He probably wouldn't start every game but he'd be able to lead the line on his own if needed and also partner Jelavic. Phenomenal work rate and a tidy player who brings out the best in those around him.

However I think Wolves will price him out of a move and it will come to nothing.

Not a type of player we want to be buying IMO. I'd like to see some more cover in the centre midfield area, personally I think Doyle is gash.

Luckily Doyle and Adam are the type of gash rumours that usually mask our top secret ninja targets nearing the closing stages of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.