Just received a Letter from the club...”foul & abusive language”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
See I can see both points here, why people have the hump with the club sending it out but why the club have sent it in the first place. I swear like a trouper when I'm wound up as it's a release but I dial it back if there are kids around, be it my niece and nephew at home, kids running around the shop floor as I'm trying to tidy up a messy area or if I'm sat in/around families at games and really speaking if you can't watch a game of football without dropping f bombs every 5 seconds then you need some serious anger management classes

“We are currently investigating complaints of persistent use of foul & abusive language from supporters located in the area where you have a season card”.

They’ve included a phone number & email address to report swearing.

This is the top balcony btw. I’ve heard plenty of moronic crap & misery, but don’t remember any “foul” or “abusive” language. F word about it.

I wish they’d focus on putting a decent team on the park.
Your avatar may suggest they've got the right man Rudolf;)

This.

People are saying it's 'embarrassing' but the part of the letter quoted just mentions "foul and abusive language"
The OP says they included an email address to report swearing (which would seem OTT) but "foul and abusive language" is more likely to be racism or similar. (Cue remarks about 'grassing') but I would have no qualms about reporting somebody for consistently shouting racist remarks. There should be no tolerance for that at Goodison.

Yeah definitely abuse, I like passion, but you get the odd person just standing up shouting bile all game.

I'm all for the crowd getting on the players backs when they're awful (most of this season) and the opposing team/ref, but some people go over the top and and it's uncalled for.

They stand out like a sore thumb mind.

“We are currently investigating complaints of persistent use of foul & abusive language from supporters located in the area where you have a season card”.

They’ve included a phone number & email address to report swearing.

This is the top balcony btw. I’ve heard plenty of moronic crap & misery, but don’t remember any “foul” or “abusive” language. F word about it.

I wish they’d focus on putting a decent team on the park.

The Nazi Party encourged people to snitch on their neigbours.

And is why the atmosphere is dead at Goodison. The people who run this club don't want a rowdy football crowd screaming and yelling for however long the game lasts. They want a manufacted atmosphere on their terms, were we all clap in union when the sign goes up on the big screen and were we all repeat the words we're told to say when we're told to say them.

I've Said it before and I'll say it again, the club doesn't want fans, they want coustmers. I'm in half a mind to swear a million times more at the match from now on. I'd never stop going the match out of choice but I sure as hell wouldn't shed any tears if I got banned. Frankly if I ever get banned for swearing and generally behaving like you do at the match then the game has passed me by and it's not for me anymore.

And is why the atmosphere is dead at Goodison. The people who run this club don't want a rowdy football crowd screaming and yelling for however long the game lasts. They want a manufacted atmosphere on their terms, were we all clap in union when the sign goes up on the big screen and were we all repeat the words we're told to say when we're told to say them.

I've Said it before and I'll say it again, the club doesn't want fans, they want coustmers. I'm in half a mind to swear a million times more at the match from now on. I'd never stop going the match out of choice but I sure as hell wouldn't shed any tears if I got banned. Frankly if I ever get banned for swearing and generally behaving like you do at the match then the game has passed me by and it's not for me anymore.

There is already rumblings that TV coverage of other team matches are having to dub in crowd noise, mainly to cover profanity, but it's not a stretch to believe they could do it just to add atmosphere for the settee crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.