Just received a Letter from the club...”foul & abusive language”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is already rumblings that TV coverage of other team matches are having to dub in crowd noise, mainly to cover profanity, but it's not a stretch to believe they could do it just to add atmosphere for the settee crowd.
Can't wait for complaints from Everton for swearing at them whilst watching them on the telly at home

Jesus it will be as bad as trying to watch a match over here.

Can't say anything or have more than a few beers or you'll upset all the families they want to attract to the match.
The Premier league would rather it be a family day out than all beer swigging men at the games... Thats why the atmosphere is dying... Its not just at Everton.

I've been over to some Italian games in the past, Milan v juve... Its just Fellas that go. It is basically a religion over there. Much more passionate for their club

See I can see both points here, why people have the hump with the club sending it out but why the club have sent it in the first place. I swear like a trouper when I'm wound up as it's a release but I dial it back if there are kids around, be it my niece and nephew at home, kids running around the shop floor as I'm trying to tidy up a messy area or if I'm sat in/around families at games and really speaking if you can't watch a game of football without dropping f bombs every 5 seconds then you need some serious anger management classes
I get so irate I sometimes can't help but scream out obscenities...

I would try tone it down but my arl fella is just as bad next to me!

And is why the atmosphere is dead at Goodison. The people who run this club don't want a rowdy football crowd screaming and yelling for however long the game lasts. They want a manufacted atmosphere on their terms, were we all clap in union when the sign goes up on the big screen and were we all repeat the words we're told to say when we're told to say them.

I've Said it before and I'll say it again, the club doesn't want fans, they want coustmers. I'm in half a mind to swear a million times more at the match from now on. I'd never stop going the match out of choice but I sure as hell wouldn't shed any tears if I got banned. Frankly if I ever get banned for swearing and generally behaving like you do at the match then the game has passed me by and it's not for me anymore.
Where do you sit mate?

“We are currently investigating complaints of persistent use of foul & abusive language from supporters located in the area where you have a season card”.

They’ve included a phone number & email address to report swearing.

This is the top balcony btw. I’ve heard plenty of moronic crap & misery, but don’t remember any “foul” or “abusive” language. F word about it.

I wish they’d focus on putting a decent team on the park.
General swearing I’d leave alone. It’s one of them.

Racial abuse I’d report immediately.

Learnt some of my bestest swear words as a fledgling at GP. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Koff Everton you 2@s
And there was me thinking you held up your ipad with all your various gifts at the match!!

The Patrick Stewart face palm has been seen on several occasions

General swearing I’d leave alone. It’s one of them.

Racial abuse I’d report immediately.
Thing is i know someone who got reported for shouting racial abuse who hadn't said anything. Its an awkward one, since it's not something you can catch on CCTV how do they enforce it.

...swearing is fine, it’s how you swear that can be a problem.

And who you are swearing at.

On several occasions back in the day I found myself mid flow telling Gravesen in no uncertain terms what I thought of his incompetence only to realise I had instead been watching Carsley being, well, Carsley.

“We are currently investigating complaints of persistent use of foul & abusive language from supporters located in the area where you have a season card”.

They’ve included a phone number & email address to report swearing.

This is the top balcony btw. I’ve heard plenty of moronic crap & misery, but don’t remember any “foul” or “abusive” language. F word about it.

I wish they’d focus on putting a decent team on the park.

Send 'em a signed photo of your avatar.

The Premier league would rather it be a family day out than all beer swigging men at the games... Thats why the atmosphere is dying... Its not just at Everton.

I've been over to some Italian games in the past, Milan v juve... Its just Fellas that go. It is basically a religion over there. Much more passionate for their club

They're really struggling over here. The footy is Sunday league quality and they aren't filling the stadium.

If they had an adult only section were you could actually make a bit of noise without offending the sensitive souls it would almost be worth paying the ridiculous prices they charge for a pint.

I'd love to be able to go support my local team, have a few bevvies and a good day out without being surrounded by young families with kids who aren't even watching the match.

They're far too strict about the drinking regardless of the sport over here. If you drink enough to feel it they boot you out because the liquor liability laws are insane and they'd rather have the families instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.