Just received a Letter from the club...”foul & abusive language”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swearing is weird really isn't it? I mean its just letters assembled in a certain order, it's just a sound. Why are they offensive? Who decided they were going to be offensive?

They should ban farting in grounds. That's more of an issue. Dirty gits.
It's finding the culprit that's the problem. The stewards have enough to do catching the swearers.

Probably a bit more to it than swearing IMO.

This.

People are saying it's 'embarrassing' but the part of the letter quoted just mentions "foul and abusive language"
The OP says they included an email address to report swearing (which would seem OTT) but "foul and abusive language" is more likely to be racism or similar. (Cue remarks about 'grassing') but I would have no qualms about reporting somebody for consistently shouting racist remarks. There should be no tolerance for that at Goodison.

My dear old grandad taught me that swearing was a sign of incompetence in the English language, such that if you cannot express yourself without swearing, you are somehow a bit of a dolt. He went on to say, that when you swear (not if) it has more effect than when in casual language you do not normally swear.

He seldom went to the game and was not as infuriated as I am of late. I seldom swear anywhere but at the match and I'm a top balcony boy too. I wonder if I have a letter at home - currently in Germany on business.

Status
Not open for further replies.