Just received a Letter from the club...”foul & abusive language”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inappropriate Language
This.

People are saying it's 'embarrassing' but the part of the letter quoted just mentions "foul and abusive language"
The OP says they included an email address to report swearing (which would seem OTT) but "foul and abusive language" is more likely to be racism or similar. (Cue remarks about 'grassing') but I would have no qualms about reporting somebody for consistently shouting racist remarks. There should be no tolerance for that at Goodison.
As you say it quotes "foul and abusive language"
If it was racist language he'd have no warning and be banned like the fella who called Saha a French c#@t.

There is talk of safe standing and a singing section maybe they should consider a safe swearing section.

As you say it quotes "foul and abusive language"
If it was racist language he'd have no warning and be banned like the fella who called Saha a French c#@t.

Nobody has had a warning, just a letter asking to report incidents of foul and abusive language.
As I said, if they have had complaints of persistent use of abusive language e.g. racist or homophobic shouts, then they have every right to ask for assistance of others in the vicinity. I sincerely hope that any such shouts ARE reported. It should not be tolerated.

I've sat up there 3 times this season and people have barely spoken bar half a dozen Scotsmen at the Cardiff game who tried constantly to get a chant going about Gylfi Siguurdson scoring belters all the time.

This.

People are saying it's 'embarrassing' but the part of the letter quoted just mentions "foul and abusive language"
The OP says they included an email address to report swearing (which would seem OTT) but "foul and abusive language" is more likely to be racism or similar. (Cue remarks about 'grassing') but I would have no qualms about reporting somebody for consistently shouting racist remarks. There should be no tolerance for that at Goodison.

Well I’ve been up there 20odd years & don’t remember hearing any racist or otherwise offensive language. There’s one depressive who has a meltdown at the first misplaced pass, but I’ve not heard anything bad. Anyone offended by the F word really shouldn’t be at a football match.

I’m wondering how many people have had these letters.

I object to this letter tbh. I took my kids to a couple of games per season from birth. My lad had his season ticket from 6yo. Neither of mine have been the slightest bit affected by a bit of swearing.

It’s pathetic.

“We are currently investigating complaints of persistent use of foul & abusive language from supporters located in the area where you have a season card”.

They’ve included a phone number & email address to report swearing.

This is the top balcony btw. I’ve heard plenty of moronic crap & misery, but don’t remember any “foul” or “abusive” language. F word about it.

I wish they’d focus on putting a decent team on the park.
Just to clarify, are they accusing you of it or wondering why you're not joining in?

Well I’ve been up there 20odd years & don’t remember hearing any racist or otherwise offensive language. There’s one depressive who has a meltdown at the first misplaced pass, but I’ve not heard anything bad. Anyone offended by the F word really shouldn’t be at a football match.

I object to this letter tbh. I took my kids to a couple of games per season from birth. My lad had his season ticket from 6yo. Neither of mine have been the slightest bit affected by a bit of swearing.

It’s pathetic.
Which block are you in mate, I've not had anything sent, I'm in TB3

It’s pathetic.

But again you are interpreting the"foul and abusive language" as swearing.
Because you personally have not heard racist or homophobic language doesn't mean that others haven't.
I have no problem at all with swearing BTW and I admit that I don't know the facts in this.
I am just playing devil's advocate.
I am assuming that somebody in your section has contacted the club to complain of "persistant foul and abusive language" The club will have written to everybody in that section for their assistance in stamping it out.
I very much doubt that anybody would have contacted the club because they overheard a swear word, hence why I assume the "abusive" part refers to racist or homophobic content.
IF I am right in my assumptions, then good on the club for trying to get to the bottom of it and identify the culprit.

Nobody has had a warning, just a letter asking to report incidents of foul and abusive language.
As I said, if they have had complaints of persistent use of abusive language e.g. racist or homophobic shouts, then they have every right to ask for assistance of others in the vicinity. I sincerely hope that any such shouts ARE reported. It should not be tolerated.
Abusive yes, I'm not sure where you're pulling the racist and homophobic stuff from though

In fairness, you can't sit for a solid minute without some biff jumping up and levelling abuse at the team using colourful language - unfortunately its a product of how poor this club has been run and performed. Fans have had enough and whilst I don't condone abusive language thrown at players, can understand where it's coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.