2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even heard about Shakiri imminent move to the rs today.....at least it was full on "Liverpool's Henderson " as he walked up to miss his PK !
Mate it sounds petty and of course they would say bitter but it's a constant and free assertion and advertisement of their brand over and over.
They're not the only ones mind but yeah Pickford has to try and save a curler in the top corner after 2 team mates let a player in the box and he's "Everton's goalkeeper". Plays the hero in getting England through to the quarters and he's just plain old Pickford.
We live just outside Liverpool and as usual with these towns, (no offence meant to anyone) a majority of the locals support the nasties and my 6 year old got dogs abuse by his class 'mates' "coz the Everton goalie let one in and England got beat". Horrid little scroats. Any opportunity to get a dig in.
Absolutely bends my mind they call us bitter, it couldn't be more ironic.

Which keepers have really stood out from the remaining sides?

Probably Subasic in the pens for Croatia, but he's not great really.

Alisson is of course an excellent goalkeeper but looks shaky at times. Akinfeev looks to have found the form he had a few years ago.

Why are there so many hot takes about it going wide?

Is there really? Just seen that one from Oatley.

It's ridiculous. It wasn't going wide. It was top corner.

Southgate spoke brilliantly and Pickford proved the doubters wrong. Got to keep it up though because they'll look for someone to blame when it goes wrong.

This World Cup has made me get behind England again, and for that I am grateful. For the last 12 years I couldn't get behind them, couldn't be arsed. This time it has been different and even though we're not brilliant, they're a team and it makes a massive difference.

I think it was going in but, even if it wasn't, what else was he supposed to do? Pray? He's a very good goalkeeper and the only reason a small part of me wants England to do well

Can't quite believe that Jaqui Oakley comment.

Yeah I'd definitely love to see my keeper take the risk of the ball ricocheting off the upright, with a 50:50 chance of it deflecting into the goal, rather than pull off a worldie save and concede a corner. Sounds like a great plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.