2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't quite believe that Jaqui Oakley comment.

Yeah I'd definitely love to see my keeper take the risk of the ball ricocheting off the upright, with a 50:50 chance of it deflecting into the goal, rather than pull off a worldie save and concede a corner. Sounds like a great plan.

It's not just Jaqui Oakley.

Some of our own fans are saying it was too.

It's astounding. From every angle it looked to be dipping in. Either that, or hitting the inside of the woodwork. It was not going wide. It's probably the same of the tournament so far, and yet you've got media and Evertonians alike saying he shouldn't have made it.

We deserve all we get sometimes Tim.

I wonder what Pickford is worth in the transfer market now with the way he is playing and the exposure he is getting.
I expect it would be 60m plus.
It certainly would help redress the losses made on some of the others... not that he is being sold.

I just can't believe some people saying that he should have let it go wide and his save cost England a goal from the corner.

He saved it because he thought it was going in. Twitter is full of pro goalies today. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Also "Bantz" is just another way of saying "Being a t!t".

Best headline so far :

eb56880d-c88e-49e1-82c4-2db0cc64cdde.jpg

Well according to lad in work, Pickford should have let that rocket of a shot alone, as it was missing the target.
By default therefore, he was to blame for the corner and the equaliser.
Aforementioned kid also said the best save he's seen in his life was the Henderson effort, whereas our Jordan's save was pure reactive.
I haven't got the time to debate the matter with him.

Maybe if he pulls off a few more pen shoot out saves he can join the media approved England goal keeping giants such as Paul Robinson, Scott Carson, Robert Green, David James, Joe Hart who have all performed wondrously for England at major tournaments completely mistake free.

He’s up there for keeper of the tournament so far. There’s one subjective half error in s game that didn’t matter. Most of his peers have made numerous errors such as De Gea Neuer Lloris Courtois Caballero even Allison for Brazil has looked shaky loads of times. The Pickford bashing especially by his own fans is utterly bizarre and embarassing. Fans of other countries will be thinking ‘where have England plucked this lad from’. Fans of most other clubs in the prem (except a few of the top 6) will be thinking ‘he’s miles better than our keeper’. Some Everton fans ‘he’s a bang average Chris Kirkland’. Honestly.

Well according to lad in work, Pickford should have let that rocket of a shot alone, as it was missing the target.
Aforementioned kid also said the best save he's seen in his life was the Henderson effort, whereas our Jordan's save was pure reactive.
I wouldn't even be arsed debating with them anyway. Theyre in denial about everything and have an answer for everything....makes them assume their usual of moronic smug.

Anyone who says, seriously, that a keeper of any level or quality should be leaving a hit and hope effort that could even come within a yard of their net is a dolt who doesn’t understand the game and isn’t worth wasting time on.

Status
Not open for further replies.