2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
De Gea making mistakes a 10 years old would in this world cup. But he's a fantastic keeper.

Keepers make mistakes mate. You cannot show me one in the history of football that never made a mistake. They get highlighted more because a keeper error can much more easily result in a goal.
Im not saying he’s a bad keeper, Im saying people really dont need to worry about Real or Barca type teams being in for him.
Everyone makes mistakes, and Pickford made a lot of them last season. Some would say too many for a keeper playing in a prem team looking to progress into the top 4.

What's happened here then... One decent save and one pen saved and now he's Superman, get a grip lads it's debatable whether he was even the best keeper on the pitch the other night. The Colombian keeper did more during the game and then saved the same amount of pens as him in the shootout didn't he ? This could be the most Bizarre over the top reaction to a performance I can recall. Of course as usual no one in real life is bigging him up and blowing it out of proportion as much as posters on the Internet.

No one said Ospina wasn’t good? What’s that got to do with anything?

Im not saying he’s a bad keeper, Im saying people really dont need to worry about Real or Barca type teams being in for him.
Everyone makes mistakes, and Pickford made a lot of them last season. Some would say too many for a keeper playing in a prem team looking to progress into the top 4.

No keeper on the planet would have done any better with that defence in front of him.

While I agree, a Barca Real might not come in for him give it a few years and I could see it hopefully. I say hopefully, not that i'd want him to go, but because it would mean he's continued to be good for us.

Its insane how little is needed to convince some of you guys. One good performnce at a big stage, and all the easy goals he let in last season are forgotten.
Relax people, neither Real or Barca would touch Jordan with a ten mile pole, he’s not even close to being good enough for those clubs. He’s probably good enough for a team aiming for 6th-10th, but he’s miles away from being a decend CL-level keeper.

Easy goals eh!! You have my attention now please elaborate

What's happened here then... One decent save and one pen saved and now he's Superman, get a grip lads it's debatable whether he was even the best keeper on the pitch the other night. The Colombian keeper did more during the game and then saved the same amount of pens as him in the shootout didn't he ? This could be the most Bizarre over the top reaction to a performance I can recall. Of course as usual no one in real life is bigging him up and blowing it out of proportion as much as posters on the Internet.

"Decent". It was one of the best saves you will ever see. And the pen was a ridiculous save as well.

Fair enough if you think people are going ott on Pickford overall, that's a reasonable opinion to hold, but don't try and undermine those saves to support your point as it makes you look daft.

No keeper on the planet would have done any better with that defence in front of him.

While I agree, a Barca Real might not come in for him give it a few years and I could see it hopefully. I say hopefully, not that i'd want him to go, but because it would mean he's continued to be good for us.

I don't know why people find this bit difficult to grasp.

Rather that than be stuck with some of the eggheads we currently have.

I find it funny how a few days ago Pickford was a clown who many wanted dropped now after a great save and a penalty shoot out he is the second coming. I am glad he is ours, I was a month ago and I will be all next season.

Those were my sentiments when RK was thought to be eyeing the Barcelona post.
Do a good job here taking us to the next level upwards (not downwards dear Ronald) then we should have no beef about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.