2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, it's Digne's error.

All he had to do was shield it and Pickford would've collected. Diving headering it at him when he's sprinting out to collect isn't gonna make it easy for a player whos playing his first game of preseason.

Everyone's so quick to stick the boot in man, he's been flawless for us since the Derby.
As usual hes charging out when he doesn’t need to. Fortunate when he spilled the pea roller aswell

As usual hes charging out when he doesn’t need to. Fortunate when he spilled the pea roller aswell
I agree with the second one, though it wasn't a pea roller hahaha.

And yeah, he's charging out to collect an easy ball and take pressure off the defence (like all good goalkeepers do). That is until one of his defenders decided to go full Andy Gray and diving header it at him. Digne has caused that goal.

I agree with the second one, though it wasn't a pea roller hahaha.

And yeah, he's charging out to collect an easy ball and take pressure off the defence (like all good goalkeepers do). That is until one of his defenders decided to go full Andy Gray and diving header it at him. Digne has caused that goal.
The defender was in control. Should have left him to it. The lad is a liability. When he’s diving across for the free kick he’s looking at the floor.

It's unsurprising to see that the anti-Pickford brigade are back out in force after one poor forty-five minutes.

…it’s really not that, Phil. I’m not a fan of his, a point I make when he’s playing well. He doesn’t command his box, I don’t trust him and know the next calamity is only around the corner.

I didn’t see the game today, i don’t know how he performed but I’m sure I’m not alone in not waiting for the next mistake to say how I feel.

We have much more significant problems than Pickford (the standards of keeper seem to have slipped) but we are allowed an opinion and it’s not unreasonable for posters to voice them when he lets the team down again,

The defender was in control. Should have left him to it. The lad is a liability. When he’s diving across for the free kick he’s looking at the floor.
The defender was in control in what way?

If he just shields it and responds to his goalkeepers shout then we aren't having this conversation.

Wait, is that second part you blaming him for that Fernandes goal?

…it’s really not that, Phil. I’m not a fan of his, a point I make when he’s playing well. He doesn’t command his box, I don’t trust him and know the next calamity is only around the corner.

I didn’t see the game today, i don’t know how he performed but I’m sure I’m not alone in not waiting for the next mistake to say how I feel.

We have much more significant problems than Pickford (the standards of keeper seem to have slipped) but we are allowed an opinion and it’s not unreasonable for posters to voice them when he lets the team down again,
Of course you are and I'm not saying otherwise. I'm not a huge Pickford fan either and people can see that through my posting history if they so wish.

My point is that after a poor forty-five minutes, which it undoubtedly was, people are calling him this and that; they're even calling for his head.

It's almost like a fair part (if not the majority) of last season the Euros has been forgotten, so it's not unreasonable to question their motives or objectivity.

I'm not going to throw the book at him based purely on a poor half in a pre-season and form a fair while ago, while ignoring the credit he's recently earned.

We can have doubts and we can criticise poor form but it's deserving, however I'm not in the mindset of making my mind up and never changing it.

Of course you are and I'm not saying otherwise. I'm not a huge Pickford fan either and people can see that through my posting history if they so wish.

My point is that after a poor forty-five minutes, which it undoubtedly was, people are calling him this and that; they're even calling for his head.

It's almost like a fair part (if not the majority) of last season the Euros has been forgotten, so it's not unreasonable to question their motives or objectivity.

I'm not going to throw the book at him based purely on a poor half in a pre-season and form a fair while ago, while ignoring the credit he's recently earned.

We can have doubts and we can criticise poor form but it's deserving, however I'm not in the mindset of making my mind up and never changing it.

…..we know what we have now, I doubt he’ll change. He’s capable of outstanding saves, he’ll make blunders, he flaps at crosses, he’s inconsistently good, he’s inconsistently bad.

Really want him to do well, but my nerves are shot every time he's involved in the game. Corners, long free kicks, back passes - nothing is ever routine.

And if he makes a mistake, however minor, he just can't get his head back together - everything unravels.

Status
Not open for further replies.