2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan Pickford didn't look too clever for the Man Utd first goal and I can only imagine there must have been a lack of communication between himself and Digne. Pickford spilling the ball the way he did was, for me, probably just a combination of lack of game time, the wet weather, and being caught out by the ball being headed back at him. That said, he did appear a bit panicked rushing out the way he did. I mentioned during the latter stages of the Euros that there were signs of the old Pickford starting to emerge but, to be honest, I felt it may have been just the occasion getting to him a bit. Hope I was right and it wasn't a sign that he's slipping back into old habits.

Why not wait until he has had more than four days training before judging him.
The lad had a good euros and a very decent last half to the season for us but was Saturday’s performance or error related to not training ? It wasn’t good was it , let’s hope it’s a blip rather than a return to something we’ve all seen before .

The lad had a good euros and a very decent last half to the season for us but was Saturday’s performance or error related to not training ? It wasn’t good was it , let’s hope it’s a blip rather than a return to something we’ve all seen before .
I certainly hope we are going to get the good Pickford back rather than the one at the early part of last season.

However , I do think we need to give him a chance to settle back and re focus.

He has had an eventful summer with the highs and lows of the Euros and then I imagine a complete break for a couple of weeks.

I would guess that physically he is fine but it will take a couple of weeks to re tune mentally, I was surprised he was started last week after such a short time back and goalkeeper of all positions is where you get shown up if you are not 100% on your game.

The error hopefully will be the lesson he needs that getting back to his best just won't happen automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.