2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
All goalkeepers make mistakes. Big Nev made one that cost Wales a poss place at the World Cup finals. Does that make him a bad keeper? No, I didnt think so .
Of course all goalkeepers make mistakes, even the best in the world, they're all just humans. But Pickford has been on a long run of making errors for a few years. That Anfield cock up was the first major blunder that really cost us a result. I remember him slicing a clearance into the stand in the first minutes of that game. He went on run of good form for the run in last season, but does a few months of playing well make him a great keeper? Anfield was the first really high profile blunder where he had no excuses. There was Newcastle a couple of seasons back, Brighton at the start of last season where he flapped at a ball in the six yard box, Arsenal at home last season right at the end where he almost gifted them a goal. There's plenty of times he's shown bad goalkeeping habits and got away with it because we haven't conceded, and for me he's done it far too often to be considered anything other than average.

Status
Not open for further replies.