2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team has lost confidence in him. If you were playing in defence or midfield would you pass the ball back to him under pressure? I wouldn’t.

he’s a liability and almost every game he has a brain fart.

Sound out Ben Foster for a year or two.

This, it has nothing to do with arrogance, concentration, ADHD (!?) lack of competition for his place or anything like that.

Quite simply he just is not that good at being a goalkeeper. His basics are shocking.
Wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss the bolded part.

Without question he lacks concentration, and that’s a symptom of a bigger issue. What that issue is only an expert could tell. The constant fidgeting, the spasmodic movements, the inability to remain calm, the shouting at nothing, the overexcited reaction to run of the mill stuff (saving a shot).

If he hasn’t been diagnosed with something he should be.

Called it.

Screenshot_20200923-231708_Chrome.jpg

Team has lost confidence in him. If you were playing in defence or midfield would you pass the ball back to him under pressure? I wouldn’t.

he’s a liability and almost every game he has a brain fart.

Sound out Ben Foster for a year or two.

Could take Danjel Subasic for a year or two if we wanted to go down that route.

Wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss the bolded part.

Without question he lacks concentration, and that’s a symptom of a bigger issue. What that issue is only an expert could tell. The constant fidgeting, the spasmodic movements, the inability to remain calm, the shouting at nothing, the overexcited reaction to run of the mill stuff (saving a shot).

If he hasn’t been diagnosed with something he should be.

I'm dismissing it because its a bit mad for people who are not trained professionals to diagnose such a thing purely because he is crap at goalkeeping.

He could just be crap. There doesn't have to be a reason.

What makes these 2 mistakes so bad is that they are 2 totally different areas of goalkeeping.

The first is decision making and reading the game.

And the other is pure technique and shot stopping.

He's not been the same keeper since Anfield and this is the final nail in the coffin, he's finished.

Its only a matter of time until he costs us now.

Status
Not open for further replies.