2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s been times where our defence has looked solid and been relatively untroubled only for Pickford to let the first shot of the game slither under him or aimlessly flap at a corner and gift the opposition a goal. The defence can only do so much, at some point your goalkeeper is going to have to pull off some saves.
I think you can spend all day arguing the toss on this. There are numerous examples of the defence looking like butter under a hot knife this season, criminally so at times. Equally there are plenty of examples of the goalkeeper making a howler to undo 90 mins of good work, no dispute on this.

Both are not performing to the level required and in a non-FFP ideal world I would look for a new keeper and two new CB's as none have shown genuine top 4 class.

Can the goalkeeper perform at that level consistently? Can Keane and Mina? In the realities of probably only being able to go big on one transfer for those three positions I have seen more evidence of Pickford being able to do this than Keane and Mina that's all I'm saying.

I think you can spend all day arguing the toss on this. There are numerous examples of the defence looking like butter under a hot knife this season, criminally so at times. Equally there are plenty of examples of the goalkeeper making a howler to undo 90 mins of good work, no dispute on this.

Both are not performing to the level required and in a non-FFP ideal world I would look for a new keeper and two new CB's as none have shown genuine top 4 class.

Can the goalkeeper perform at that level consistently? Can Keane and Mina? In the realities of probably only being able to go big on one transfer for those three positions I have seen more evidence of Pickford being able to do this than Keane and Mina that's all I'm saying.

Why is Mina getting picked on here? He’s been miles more consistent than Pickford this season. And Keane is behind Holgate now.

Status
Not open for further replies.