2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this new photo of Pickleford

1599901283810.jpeg

He’s looking better than he did last season!

Don’t get me wrong, I’m largely still on Pickford’s side.

But it’s very hard to escape the feeling England is his priority.

He does have a problem with concentration, especially while playing for Everton. The other players aren’t to blame for that - though I would concede that he plays many more minutes for Everton, and as such there are many more opportunities to eff something up.
I'm the exact opposite.

Can see it now...playing well, maybe an early lead. New signings making a massive difference. Looking comfortable......then a Pickford Clanger. And we’re reminded we still have this chump in goal.

This will unfortunately happen a lot this season, and we’ll still have people banging on about a “20 goal a season striker”. As if we didn’t have Lukaku at one point and finished 11th because of Tim Howard.

The reaction of that fan while understandable to some degree was embarrassing . The management was at fault for signing and playing him if his attitude was so poor.

Pickford may make some mistakes but overall he is very good keeper. I cannot fault his attitude or commitment. Undermining his confidence by anonymous digs on a message board is not something that I can support.

Status
Not open for further replies.