2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
David, you're making things up.

Nobody has said that.

He's 24, and has room to improve.
Of the GKs that regularly start in the PL, he's one of the youngest, that's all my point was.

He played well on Sunday. He's had iffy performances over the past month. He seemed to have got some confidence back the other day. That's a good thing.
...or get worse, like Hart and James did.

The lad is not a good GK right now. There's no question about that. Is he an adequate GK? I dont know - that perhaps rests on how ambitious you feel this club should be: if you;re happy with a bare top 10 finish - he'll do you; want to challenge for a top 6 spot or a trophy - he's not the GK you require.

The jury is in on him: an accident waiting to happen.

...or get worse, like Hart and James did.

The lad is not a good GK right now. There's no question about that. Is he an adequate GK? I dont know - that perhaps rests on how ambitious you feel this club should be: if you;re happy with a bare top 10 finish - he'll do you; want to challenge for a top 6 spot or a trophy - he's not the GK you require.

The jury is in on him: an accident waiting to happen.

Well Hart won two Premier League titles between the age of 24 and leaving City...

He's good enough to help us grow as a team, which is what we're doing. We aren't in a position as a club to buy world class quality (and even those players make mistakes).

We are in a position where we should be getting young, hungry players and hopefully progressing as they progress. Same goes for a manager.

What cock up?

He gave Zouma the f bomb in the bit where Brooks hit the post, which came from Zouma getting bundled off the ball by King.
I noticed this just now just watched the highlights i recorded Sunday night, Zouma got bundled which is one thing but to make it worse he then stayed on the ground with his arms open wide, shocking that when the game was still going on.
Pickford was immense on Sunday, won us 3 points there

I noticed this just now just watched the highlights i recorded Sunday night, Zouma got bundled which is one thing but to make it worse he then stayed on the ground with his arms open wide, shocking that when the game was still going on.
Pickford was immense on Sunday, won us 3 points there
I thought Zouma could/should have knocked it to a teammate when he was under pressure like that. Foul or not, a defender shouldn't let themselves get caught like that. Pickford and Keane in those last 10 or so mins were absolutely on point. First half though his distribution was horrendous.

I thought Zouma could/should have knocked it to a teammate when he was under pressure like that. Foul or not, a defender shouldn't let themselves get caught like that. Pickford and Keane in those last 10 or so mins were absolutely on point. First half though his distribution was horrendous.

It was almost identical in a way to Son's goal v Spurs.

Zouma hesitated, just as he did on that occasion. At least on this occasion, Pickford didn't compound the issue by charging out like a mad man, like.

First half his kicking was poor but he did one superb goal-kick into Bernard's feet on the halfway line.

Second half he only really tried one of those sidewinder punts from open play and he picked out Bernard on the touchline. Bernard's touch was class as well, both times.

It's a goalkeepers responsibility to shout at his defenders if they mess up, someone has to be a leader back there. I have absolutely no problem with it, its one of the perks of being a goalkeeper. If you feel like you aren't getting enough protection you are well within your right to have a go, within reason like.

Million percent this.

Get the feeling people on here want an actual mute on nets.

Million percent this.

Get the feeling people on here want an actual mute on nets.
People actually bothered that a grown man has used the F word to a fellow adult when he did something wrong.

It's one of the few perks of having to dive around cold, muddy pitches in Sunday league knowing you can full blown b*****k your defenders if they did something wrong.

People actually bothered that a grown man has used the F word to a fellow adult when he did something wrong.

It's one of the few perks of having to dive around cold, muddy pitches in Sunday league knowing you can full blown b*****k your defenders if they did something wrong.

Keepers are always mouthing off. I know i used to. A lot.

It’s really no issue.

It was almost identical in a way to Son's goal v Spurs.

Zouma hesitated, just as he did on that occasion. At least on this occasion, Pickford didn't compound the issue by charging out like a mad man, like.

First half his kicking was poor but he did one superb goal-kick into Bernard's feet on the halfway line.

Second half he only really tried one of those sidewinder punts from open play and he picked out Bernard on the touchline. Bernard's touch was class as well, both times.
Yeah, Just watched 2nd half again (you'd have to pay me to watch the first half again, and I doubt anyone has enough money). That ball to Bernard was awesome and Bernards control was outstanding. It started a great move. Didnt come to anything so not in the stats, so he must be a crap keeper eh?

We seem to have lots of GK "experts" who slate Pickford for errors that really aren't there. I'm sure some for some their sum experience of goal keeping is being the fat kid put between the sticks when they were 10, and now they are supremely qualified to point out all his "errors". There was a beaut for the goal against Leicester, the 1 v 1 with Vardy, knocking him for his positioning. I see for the goal against Utd Lloris' position was almost identical. I can't be arsed looking but I wonder if their forums also have such experts slating him for his "bad positioning".
Think you've shown yourself up to be what you're claiming other people are there mate, seeing as pretty much everyone who's ever watched a game of football thought Lloris was at fault for that goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.